African Grey Parrot For Sale On Ebay

Latindancer

Morning, sad news in my never ending shopping quest I’ve found African Grey Parrots for Sale on ebay listed this morning for £450 and £200 I’ve reported them both - can our forum members please also report.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/African-grey-parrot/223490379757?hash=item3409108fed:g:fBYAAOSwSxlcvMcL
Hand reared, ringed, been a pet parrot for 11 yrs old. Ozzie (name for parrot) can be temperamental, and bites sometimes, need to know his moods, that's when he fluffs up his feathers and eyes dilate, does not like some men. Talks and loves a cuddle and tickles and attention.
And another one for £200,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/African-grey-parrot/223490359523?hash=item34091040e3:g:fUAAAOSw-BtcvL5h
Female African grey parrot, very affectionate, loves a tickle but does not like to be picked up. She does talk but not when you ask her to say anything only rambles on when your not paying attention. Does say night night when you put her to bed sometimes. Knows when you tell her to go into bed or cage and goes straight away. Her name is Alvie and from her previous owners she has a habit of plucking herself which previously was due to stress.

Lovely bird but i do not have the time for her to give her the attention she needs.
Gutted, hope someone steps in and rescues these 2 from the same seller and good homes are found.

dianaT

Staff member
Wow, good for you reporting those sales. Goodness knows where those poor parrot may end up.

Michael Reynolds

I am shocked and no wonder that one has been plucking the cage is so inefficient for a grey. I doubt if they have the correct paperwork as there is no mention of it. putting birds up for auction on ebay needs to be stopped well done for reporting the seller. I do fill so sorry for the greys as they do not seam to have much enrichment and I wish I could step in to give them a far better life than what they have. they both need more understanding and love and a far better place to live.

TomsMum

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I’ve just forwarded to hubby who has reported them.
EBay don’t seem to be doing a very good job at the moment.

No one in the right mind keeps an African Grey in a budgie cage.

Birds could have been stolen?

They need CITES Article 10 paperwork, and eBay should know that.

TomsMum

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Grrrrrr....eBay should have taken them down...
We don’t want to see listing ended by seller because item no longer available....eBay are not doing their job properly.

Top Bottom