1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

African Grey Cock

Discussion in 'For Sale and Bargain Links' started by Graham, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Graham

Graham Regular Member

wanted Afrian adult grey cock bird for breeding will be kept in large aviary with fully enclosed shelter must have all correct papers

DizzyBlue likes this.
  2. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

3. DizzyBlue

DizzyBlue Administrator Staff Member Admin

@billy do you know of anybody if Graham hasn't had any luck yet?

4. billy

billy Regular Member

No idea what that is Dizzy ..not to mind

5. billy

billy Regular Member

Up sorry DIZZY im with u now on that lol
    Ill ask about but not of hand

6. Graham

Graham Regular Member

Still no luck
    Seem difficult now maybe because of needing cites

7. KEV H

KEV H Regular Member

Mite be able to help there il ring a person I was gona get a baby grey off he breeds greys used to speak to him a lot and remember him saying he had 2 cock birds not sure if breeders but will ask

TomsMum and DizzyBlue like this.
  8. Graham

Graham Regular Member

Many thanks for that

9. Graham

Graham Regular Member

Still no luck in finding a cock bird

10. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Have you tried the Parrot Society?

11. plumsmum

plumsmum Regular Member

Have you made enquiries with the RSPCA?

12. Erika

Erika Regular Member

Hi! Graham, l’ve seen a couple of male african grey cocks advertised for sale & different website that have been used to an aviary. Ones in Newark so don’t know if that’s too far for you to travel. It also depends if you wanting to purchase or not as most people feel reluctant to rehome their larger birds. Hope you find a bird soon.

13. Graham

Graham Regular Member

I am close to newark
    Where was a bird advertised

@Erika

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2017
  14. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

it can be quite frustrating knowing that there are many greys that people want to sell but no paperwork from DEFRA to cover the bird I have been offered more than ten birds since the Cites had been upgraded for the grey at very cheep prices (Under two hundred) and all but two had there original breeders paperwork that meant the owner could register the bird with ease. I will not purchase any cites I bird without the necessary paperwork on principle that I believe in the preservation of wild parrots and the idea of controlling illegal smuggling. Although these birds have been in this country before the upgrade to CITES I and there would be no evidence as they had not been publicly advertised to prove that I had not had the birds for some while and not just illegally bought them, so providing I have the breeding record that can be matched to a ring (so there is nothing stopping me and I could register the birds myself) of course I would not of said about this if I had any intention of making monies from greys by reselling after they are registered. but this dose make me wonder just how difficult policing the sale of birds can be. Finding a suitable grey should not be that difficult getting it to love its partner is a far bigger challenge so good luck.