Adventure Harness

Does anyone have an Adventure harness? They're on Scarlett's and they look exactly like the Aviator but half the price and wonder if they could be a better fit for Archie because of the Aviators tiny head hole!
May have to give one a go in the summer

Noticed that everyone is selling them all of a sudden, no experience but they seem to have a lot of fasteners on them!!

The one I saw has no fastenings @Bob
It's literally a complete copy of the Aviator from what I've seen unless I've got it wrong, don't know how they've got away with it really

@Heather2131 I just googled 'Parrots adventure harness' and it looks like they have put a wrong photo in there.

The red one looks like an aviator and the blue on an adventure.

Na the blue one is the feather tether, the red one seems to be an aviator knock off. It looks interesting and I if you guys try it I'd appreciate some feedback :)

Na the blue one is the feather tether, the red one seems to be an aviator knock off. It looks interesting and I if you guys try it I'd appreciate some feedback :)

I will take it from an expert, thanks @Stinkie I think @Bob must have been looking at the Feather Tether thinking is was the Adventure harness. But.... The 6 million dollar question is... which one is the Adventure as we have 2 colours and 3 different harnesses? Haha

IMG_1450.JPG The adventure bound brand harnesses look like this
Various places stock them...mixed reviews by the looks of.

OK then, so the blue ones are the Adventure ones so are the Feather tether a copy of them.

That one is the feather tether one, 100%.

This one is called Adventure Bound or something and it's slightly different.
s-l1600.jpg

Sky pets is the adventure bound one it's in their catalogue and the product codes match to other people stocking it, either with the skypets branded backing cards, or plain ones. Northern Parrots stock the non branded card ...exactly the same photo.....and the accompanying video on their site says Feather Tether... and says can come in different colours.

It's all rather confusing for a potential purchaser me thinks!

OMG, thank gawd I dont use a harness (neither do my parrots) haha. I think I will sit back and just educate myself from the experts.

Seriously though, if I was to buy a harness I think I would go for the Aviator as I believe they are the originals and all the other ones came along after but the only real way to have confidence in them would be to try them all out and that would come to a fair bit of wonga.

I'll have to send Scarlett a message... She's described it as "all in one" "no external clips"

I've seen the blue one around, never tried it, don't like the clips
I thought this was an aviator knock off like stinkie said.
Would be odd to order one and for that blue one with clips to turn up? Also the adventure comes in red and black, no mention of blue.

I like the Aviator, the design is great but the head hole is too small and a right faff to take off, the next size up is too big. Can't win! Was hoping this knock off one would maybe be a slightly different size fit.
And with it being half the price makes me more comfortable cutting it up making the hole bigger for example haha

If the cheap ones were as shown in the picture and just a replica of the aviator ones I would be all over them, but it seems the pictures might be wrong and with no Scarlett here to clarify I will just wait and see. The one with all the clasps, whichever name it's going by, is very dangerous and would recommend people stay away from that one. It's a poor quality products and I've read of a lot of birds opening the clasps and escaping the harness.

I know it is not parrot related but I have one of those common retractable dog leads for Frankie and only yesterday it broke at the clip so because of that reason I think I would be reluctant to buy a parrot harness with too many clips and things.

Last edited:
Couple of things to think about ..... the weather is currently rubbish so the likely hood is your not going to get to find out if its any good until the weather improves in a couple of months time might be worth waiting see other peoples reviews who wish to have the latest must have item and save your money to spend later.
Next thought at such a cheap price means its been really cheap to manufacture its not made in this country so the profit margins go like this supplier made the components and sold it at a profit to the manufacturer to make the harness who has to make a profit to sell it to the importers who have to pay shipment fees customs and exercise vat etc and they have to make a profit and they in turn sell it to outlet stockists who also have to make their profit so must be very very cheap to manufacture in the first place ... at the end of the day in this life you get what you pay for and quality matters. If you already have a good quality harness does it really need replacing or is it more like a hype must have the latest thing? Probably find lots of people will be selling them on in a few months time if their birds don't get on with it so you couple probably pick up a really really cheap one then..

I understand the new adventure harness is an exact replica of the aviator, apparently side by side you cannot tell the 2 apart? the adventure bound carded one is completely different as in the pictures above and has clips on it.
As to cost I would imagine it is like say trainers or other branded goods, you are paying for the aviator name and the american hype that goes with it, the "original" product itself is almost definitely made in China and shipped to the US and then on to the UK, maybe this new one is not trans-shipped so making a huge freight saving as well?
I like the idea of harnesses but because all my birds are not cuddly hand reared types I have never tried to get one to wear a harness, I value my fingers too much!

Back
Top Bottom