A random thread DianaT

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Ok yup random thread

After the thread on the Tats started me wandering down memory lane with DianaT reminding me of things as a kid just had to say ..... @dianaT

Do you remember watching Johnny Morris and his programme Animal Magic?
Johnny used to be seen with Cocky from the Cotswolds Wildlife Park and regularly was seen with his programme side kick Brolly the Too.

Oh and Terry Nutkin just flashed into my mind and the programme the really wild show!

can't forget rummaging through undergrowth and up popping David Bellamy programme was Backyard Safari .... Gwapple me gwapenuts :risas3::risas3:

JackAndRob

Staff member
Johnny Morris used to "voice" the animals that featured in his programme, and have conversations with them. As a kid, I loved it.

I remember "Get Down, Shep", the parody song made by The Barron Knights. It's on YouTube.

JackAndRob

Staff member
If you want a bit of a giggle, I found this on YouTube - Geminee, Geminii

Johnny Morris actually had a fair singing voice, but he couldn't resist throwing some humour into the song. Bless him :)

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Just had to Google Desmond Morris as hadn't remembered him
He stopped doing tv when I was 2 and went into writing and surrealist painting probably why I don't remember him. Just looked at his books listings hmmm doesn't seem to believe in gender roles being evolutionary rather than cultural based :thinking:

Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Never knew
Just had to Google Desmond Morris as hadn't remembered him
He stopped doing tv when I was 2 and went into writing and surrealist painting probably why I don't remember him. Just looked at his books listings hmmm doesn't seem to believe in gender roles being evolutionary rather than cultural based :thinking:
Never knew that!

Julie3965

Registered
Hi all I’m a bit late to this chat but yes I remember Animal Magic with Johnny Morris . I remember entering a drawing competition and did a Koala bear and although I didn’t win the comp I got a consolation prize of a signed Animal Magic book from Johnny Morris . Unfortunately this was a time when Marbles were big at school and I swapped my signed book for a bag of Coloured Allies as we called them !! 🙄😏

DizzyBlue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I have a huge tin full of marbles ..... proper old ones ... we use to call the giant ones glamogs

Top Bottom