A Parrot Cage For Poppy

A bit on the small side for an eclectus average length of a this species is 34cm in length beak to tail tip and wing span is about 90cm across so she won't be able to open both wings at the same time adding any toys would mean even less space.
Poppy had a beautiful big cage as I remember you purchased the same as I did for each of my gang I take it you no longer have that one?
Let us know what area of the country your in and see if any of us members can find a suitable large enough second hand cage. The more of us looking the fast Poppy will get home where she belongs :)

@Roo
You up for us lot having a good nosy around and tagging you on any good second hand reasonable priced parrot cages suitable? Then you could have a choice to decide from whatever we manage to find :)

Reactions: Roo
Thank you. Poppy had a huge cage when she went to live with @Michael Reynolds but the floor was very low down and was very very big and I would struggle to keep it clean. I will have to take the floor out and scrub everyday and wipe the cage all over. But I also must make sure poppy is happy and has plenty of room for the days I'm at hospital. Not a big budget though and it will have to be as clean as can be for Poppy's safety and mine xx

Although just been thinking can you get plastic floors for those big cages @DizzyBlue ? I'd be able to lift that. Then she could come home with her own.

@Roo no but that doesn't mean to say you couldn't sort something out :) Sheet of rigid plastic shouldn't be that hard to get to place under the metal grid floor. even if its something like polycarb sheeting cut to size.

Reactions: Roo
There is some cost and work initially - I am using Sugar Plum's cage bottom covers for both the girls cages and their night cages. It has helped me feel a bit less apprehensive as the girls seemed prone to falls initially so it gave some padding if they did. I find it does cut the work down and also the amount of waste we produce. Newspapers seem to fill the bin up very quickly.

Here is Ruby-Roo standing on hers.

5UX3PtG.jpg

Back
Top Bottom