1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Lovely Baby Caiques

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by malcolm wheeldon, May 16, 2017.

1. malcolm wheeldon

malcolm wheeldon Registered

Hi All,
    New poster on a new site (to us). Just to say, we have had pet budgies for around 25 years. mY Wife has always been way upset on the demise of each bird, each living for approx 5-7 years. We have taught every bird to talk & quite a few tricks.
    After our last budgie passed we decicided NO MORE BIRDS. Then, we watched a youtube video on Caiques, we were absolutely smitten. Long story short is we we now have a 5 month old boy & a 3 month old girl Caiquie.
    Our budgies were always intelligent & friendly but I cannot believe how much our caiques are so trusting.
    It was due to reading on this site, that we decided to go with the clever parrot rather than the talkative one.
    Thanks for your site information.
    Mal.

Jeanette, dianaT, pally and 1 other person like this.
  2. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

Yay more caiques, welcome to the forum :biggrin:

3. bikergirl Carol

bikergirl Carol Regular Member

4. Bradders

Bradders Parrot Power! Staff Member Moderator

Glad the forum has been a help to you BUT even more pleased you've introduced yourself! You will know that we just adore caiques on here! Not got one myself but they just seem so adorable! We want to see lots of photos, maybe a video or two? Hint hint.

@pally Look, more caiques in our flock!! :)

5. Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds Regular Member

Hello and welcome it is so nice to here that you have been visiting this sight and doing your homework. all birds are so special and I know how you and your wife must of felt loosing the budgies. well I see you have chosen the clowns of the parrot world as you know there are a few members that have them and they are special

6. TomsMum

TomsMum Administrator Staff Member Admin

Hi Malcolm and :welcome:to the forum....and the Caique club! I don't have them myself, but know from our members here that they are great characters.

7. malcolm wheeldon

Hey, thanks for the welcome. We think this is a brilliant site, so informative & friendly (not like some of the others), where preaching seems to come before help & advise.
    Just to say, breakfast & teatime have become the 'laughing-time 'in our house now, as our babies join in the meals. Quite hilarious!
    Hoping to visit the site often, & will not hesitate to ask if we need help.
    Many Thanks.

Bradders, dianaT and TomsMum like this.
  8. pally

pally caique whisperer Regular Member

Hi @malcolm wheeldon welcome to the fun filled world of caiques from my gang of caiques ,the galah and myself.feel free to ask any questions about your caiques afterall it is my favourite subject.very happy for you.

Bradders and TomsMum like this.
  9. dianaT

dianaT Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hi and :welcome: welcome from me and my flock (no Caiques though!)

10. Zooamazons

Zooamazons Regular Member

Welcome to the forum.

Andrew

11. malcolm wheeldon

Hi Pally, Thanks for the offer, I may need some help along the way lol. We bought our little man (twizzle) from up your neck of the woods, or maybe a little higher. Ashington nr Morpeth.
    He is so sweet & he keeps feeding our little girl (kitty) as though he's her dad lol.
    Nearly two week togetjher & no major squables, yet.....
    Speak soon & thanks.
    Mal & Polly.x

12. Heather2131

Heather2131 Regular Member

13. malcolm wheeldon

Hi Heather, we bought him from Ashington. He was already named Twizzle, so we stuck with it. They're both black-headed.

Heather2131 likes this.
  14. malcolm wheeldon

Will try to get some pics of them, when we work out how to do it. Not very computer literate sadly.
    Malc.

15. Setanta

Setanta Regular Member

Welcome to the forum. Thumper says Hi

Thumper_nut.jpg

.............and NO, you cant have a nut!
    They're Mine, all MIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNEEEEEEE!

TomsMum and dianaT like this.
  16. Kerin

Kerin Regular Member

Welcome from me and the small flock of three, two amazons and a caique called Peanut :)

17. malcolm wheeldon

Hi again Heather,
    Yes, he has got yellow thighs, & a black head & a split-ring. Doesn't mean much to me except he's beautiful lol.

pally likes this.