vet

1. BeeBee

Avian Gastric Yeast/ Mega Bacteria

Hi all Sorry to come on with a question after not being on much lately! Could anyone tell me what the latest recommended treatment for AVG is and where to get it? I know Megabac s can only be imported now? It is for a budgie (*who is under the vet and and had a number of tests and treatments...
  2. Triss

Mite Infestation, Help.

I've seen tiny red mites around my parrotlet's eyes and nares. Are there any safe and effective ways of ridding myself of them? She sneezes and scratches a lot and I think she probably has some in her respiratory system (weird sounds when breathing.) This is a bit of an emergency because I...
  3. Bruni

How Often To Go To Vets?

Hi everyone, I have really been asking a lot of questions on here! Thank you all for being so helpful When I got Basil the people I got him from told me I should only ever take him to the vet if something is wrong... but I read online and in one of the books I have on conures that it's good to...
  4. Squabbie

Tips For A First Vet Visit?

I'm booked in to take my new baby cockatiel Luna to the vets for the first time tomorrow and just wondered if anyone had some pointers on how to make it go as smoothly as possible. I'm concerned that a vets visit so soon after moving her in might damage our relationship at a critical time. I...
  5. Rhonda AKA Kensmrs

Miss Rambo Back From Re-Check At Vets 20/02/14

Miss Rambo had her re-check of AST enzyme and her eye looked at again. Alistair our vet was wonderful and was very complimentary on Miss Rambo's condition and her behaviour. He gave her a good check over and we chatted about her eye, then he and she went off to get her blood test done. They came...
  6. Rhonda AKA Kensmrs

Fergus To The Emergency Vet

Had a wee scare with Fergus last night and had to take him to out of hours emergency in Falkirk after 10pm last night - was getting him ready for "night night" when noticed he was rather snuffly. So did the usual, wee mist with warm water and he sneezed out some gunk from left nare. I then gave...
  7. Rhonda AKA Kensmrs

Rocky Taken Urgently To Vet 9 July 2013

Hello When I went in to wake the parrots this morning I noticed Rocky was just not right. His chest was working hard to breathe. I looked at his beak and there was a line of clear fluid coming from left nostril. He then sneezed and more clear fluid ran down his beak. I put my ear to the side of...
  8. Rhonda AKA Kensmrs

Rocky's Results

Well I heard from Alistair our vet after taking Rocky at the start of last week for his full check up, et cetera.  As suspected he has liver damage due to his previous poor diet and husbandry with his previous owners.  Some of the blood tests could not be done as there was a problem with the...
Top Bottom