taming

1. Teagan_

HELP! I have two Parrotlets!

I have two Parrotlets that are brothers. I bought them together in the shop and they've been in a cage together ever since (they come out together too). The thing is they still are extremely timid around me. I've had the pair for two months now, and while I know parrot taming can take time, I...
  2. PinkV

Need advice! Rosella taming?

Hi! First post here, really need some advice, preferably from someone with personal experience taming Rosellas? I recently took in a rescue, my colleague said her husband found the bird in an abandoned house, in a cage, no idea for how long though- A blue Rosella. She said she did her best to...
  3. NikkiD

Encouraging Hand Feeding...

Hi everyone, so Gizzy has been with us now for 9 days and we are making slow slow progress. I’ve had the cage top open when I’m home and he has ventured out a couple of times - but only when nobody is looking! He’s even took a little look around on the floor and found his own way home when he...
  4. Meriannen

Leela And Fry

Hey everyone! In our introduction I told the story of Leela who we rescued from circling from home to home and living in a small cage without anything to do. We had been taking some small baby steps by getting her used to a bigger cage and freedom to fly around the room. I had been playing with...
  5. Wolfee

Taming A Lovie

Hello,  I bought Rin on the 11th of April 2015, so he's only been with me for a few days.  So far, he's become more comfortable (I think). His usual behavior is this: He chirps/sings a lot, climbs around his cage, hops on his perches, plays with his toys, stays on his perch quite chilled out...
  6. tuki

Conure Taming Advice For Newbie Please :)

Hi, I'm new to the forum and also new to keeping birds and would be very grateful for any advice  Thanks. My family and I got a Green Cheek Conure two days ago and I haven't been able to find any really good advice on how to tame it. Its 8 months old, unsexed and has been with a previous...
Top Bottom