taming

1. niamhandori

new conure!

So i did end up getting another green cheek. he’s in quarantine till i can get bloods done and be sure he’s alright. He was hand reared and he’s only semi tame. the place i got him changed their advent today saying they were semi tame i got him yesterday. i do have autism and i feel like for me...
  2. BowieQuaker

New Quaker Owner

hello! I have been searching the internet for different tips and advice, to some success, but need all the help I can get. I am a first time quaker owner (dont worry I have experience with a variety parrots and have done my research!) and he's a 3-4month old male, called Bowie. however, he is...
  3. JamesBrook1840

Update

Update on my parrot Rio, things are going awesome, I took your guys advice on becoming friends with him and not to pressure him on the whole taming thing, I let him out of the cage all the time (if I'm home) and he'll fly around, go on my lamp, chill on the top of he's cage (it has a stick)...
  4. niamhandori

is it normal for a hand reared bird to not like me?

so today i got my hand reared cockatiel. i brought him from a local pet shop that gets the babies from a breeder and then they sell them. i brought him home but he’s really scared of me. he keeps hissing at my fingers and he also doesn’t like to take food from me or treats. i’m not...
  5. JamesBrook1840

Problem

Hello everyone, I'm James, I'm 16 years old, and have a 1 year-old ringneck, I have him for about 12 days, and he'll let me feed him, from in and outside his cage, but he will not step up, I also need him to stop biting, he's been biting (not that hard) a day now, any tips?
  6. Teagan_

HELP! I have two Parrotlets!

I have two Parrotlets that are brothers. I bought them together in the shop and they've been in a cage together ever since (they come out together too). The thing is they still are extremely timid around me. I've had the pair for two months now, and while I know parrot taming can take time, I...
  7. PinkV

Need advice! Rosella taming?

Hi! First post here, really need some advice, preferably from someone with personal experience taming Rosellas? I recently took in a rescue, my colleague said her husband found the bird in an abandoned house, in a cage, no idea for how long though- A blue Rosella. She said she did her best to...
  8. NikkiD

Encouraging Hand Feeding...

Hi everyone, so Gizzy has been with us now for 9 days and we are making slow slow progress. I’ve had the cage top open when I’m home and he has ventured out a couple of times - but only when nobody is looking! He’s even took a little look around on the floor and found his own way home when he...
  9. Meriannen

Leela And Fry

Hey everyone! In our introduction I told the story of Leela who we rescued from circling from home to home and living in a small cage without anything to do. We had been taking some small baby steps by getting her used to a bigger cage and freedom to fly around the room. I had been playing with...
  10. Wolfee

Taming A Lovie

Hello,  I bought Rin on the 11th of April 2015, so he's only been with me for a few days.  So far, he's become more comfortable (I think). His usual behavior is this: He chirps/sings a lot, climbs around his cage, hops on his perches, plays with his toys, stays on his perch quite chilled out...
  11. tuki

Conure Taming Advice For Newbie Please :)

Hi, I'm new to the forum and also new to keeping birds and would be very grateful for any advice  Thanks. My family and I got a Green Cheek Conure two days ago and I haven't been able to find any really good advice on how to tame it. Its 8 months old, unsexed and has been with a previous...
Top Bottom