pionus

1. Bruni

Looking for advice with rescued young pionus

Hello everyone!! God it has been a long time since I posted on here! I kept meaning to check up on this site but its just one of those things that I would think of when I was too busy then when I had the time it would slip my mind haha. Some of you might remember me from just before covid, you...
  2. s.sulli

New Bird Health Check Showing Problems

Hi, I've become an owner of a 4 week old bronze winged pionus today who is currently nameless. Took it to the vets for a health check before bringing the little one home. This evening the vets called me with some of the results from the blood tests that they have done. Unfortunately it's zinc...
  3. Archibald's Slave

Night Noises

Chelo has made noises at night before, but I have always associated with changes like sleeping in new room or other disturbances. Recently she has started making noises that are waking me up and disrupting my sleep.. not every night, but enough that it is beginning to affect my next days.. The...
  4. Clarabelle

Hello From Me!

Hello everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been wanting a parrot since a child, but have never taken the plunge. I rehomed a budgie many years ago and studied a group of cockatiels whilst at university, but that's as close as I have come. I have kept finches, diamond doves and...
  5. Archibald's Slave

The 'pionus Wheeze'

I can only assume that this behaviour is what is referred to as the 'Pionus wheeze' or 'pant' in the many books and articles I researched before Chelo's arrival. Am posting to confirm that it is the known behaviour (cant think what else it is?) and to share an example to others of the behaviour...
  6. Archibald's Slave

Chelo 'enjoying' Her New Toys

Both were hung on outside of her cage from day one, until i saw her peck at them through the bars, then they went in! First one was wanted after 3 days.. the second one took her a week and a bit to be interested.. now she loves/hates them regularly! :) They are from Scarlett's, but I have...
Back
Top Bottom