1. StephMol

In Loving Memory of Mickey 💖💖

Hello everyone, I'm so glad I've found this forum and I am hoping I've found the right community of people to help .. My family Golden Blue Macaw, Mickey, suddenly and unexpectantly passed away on Saturday and my poor mum, Lisa, is in bits. Having a parrot for over twenty years is like having...
  2. Hello

Hello, I’m Lorna and I do not have any birds! I’ve just joined to get as much information as possible as my 8 year old son is obsessed with Macaws and would love to have one. I’m not the type of parent to rush out and get an animal we know little about, however I am the type of parent that will...
  3. Conchy

Hallooo!

Hiya :) I'm new to the forum and new to parrots. Thought I would join up for when I need abit of advice. Got a couple of wee budgies and an Indian ringneck, had them for 2 months now. Had another budgie but unfortunately he died after 4 months due to a respiratory disease that he could have had...
  4. MK CH

Hi All

Just a quick intro - I live in Milton Keynes and Ive had my blue & gold Macaw (male) for 19 years now, but I'm new to using forums - so pls bear with me. My b&g is fully flighted & usually has free reign of our living space when we are home so rather tends to take the whole place over. He is...
  5. s.sulli

New Bird Health Check Showing Problems

Hi, I've become an owner of a 4 week old bronze winged pionus today who is currently nameless. Took it to the vets for a health check before bringing the little one home. This evening the vets called me with some of the results from the blood tests that they have done. Unfortunately it's zinc...
  6. Potential New Bird Keeper - Questions

Good morning all! Recently I've been thinking about getting a parrot as a companion; nothing large, probably a cockatiel, kakariki or smaller like a budgie. Before I do anything, however, I need some advice to check that I can properly take care of any bird I buy. My two main concerns are: - I...
  7. Meet Ruby

8. Hope I Can Learn A Lot Here!

Hi!  Im 20 years old, love parrots and I hope I can a lot from more experienced parrot owners! Ive had budgies before for two years but I gave them my grandparents, they liked my grandparents better xD Id say I'm more of an Amazon person but I still haven't had the pleasure of owning em...
  9. pepsirat

Hello

Hello, my name is is Emma. I am going to be a African grey owner. I plan to get one at the end of the year, the reson been is I'm going to Canada in May and don't want to get on until after this. Plus it gives me more time to research and get the house parrot ready. I have budgies, cockatiels...
  10. Wolfee

Hello ^_^

Hello, my name is Chloe and I'm the proud owner of my very first bird, a 7 month old male Peach Faced Lovebird called Rin ^_^ I bought him on the 11th of April, so I've only had him a few days and I'm in the process of taming him. I assume it's going ok, but I'm a first-time bird owner so I'm...
  11. Xanzibaar

Hi Folks...

... my name is Paul. I am a stay at home dad with a hard working wife, 5 kids, two beardies and a corn snake. Yesterday I paid a deposit for my first parrot, a Congo African Grey. She will be ready to come home around the end of February, just in time for my birthday! I will call her Zazu, not...
  12. Hi To All

Hello. I am owned by an 8mth old HR CB Cockatiel named 'Errol'. I have joined the group to talk to like minded birdy owned humans. I've kept a Sun Conure and a cockatiel in the past and take care of Amazons and other Conures, but am always welcome for new information, friends and guidance. 
  13. Big Steve

Hi everyone, My name is Steve, I live in Hertfordshire and I am about to get an African grey hen, she is twelve weeks old and hand reared so very tame. I am looking forward to being able to get good advice when needed, and maybe even offering some, I have a lot of experience with smaller parrots...
  14. GreenGhost

Hello To All :)

Hello and Thank You for allowing me to join your forum. :) I'm new to parrot life, but have been researching for a fair while now, the more i read, the more i realize how much there is to learn. I have been lurking here for a little while, plenty of good info and some very helpful members...
  15. Buick

Hi, all. This is my first post. Buick is a CAG, 6 months old. Pet store said male, but we now think he's a she. Buick is very spoiled. 4 kinds of store bought food, plus fresh fruit and vegetables, and of course some people treats. He's started a strange behaviour. When I sit next to his...
  16. Jenny And Jasmine The Parrot

Hi everybody. We have an African grey Parrot called Jasmine who is 6 years old. We had her from a baby and she is tame and chats all day, her vocabulary is over 80 words and phrases including nursery rhythms, our dogs names and instruction about sit, no, dinner and shutup! She does sound...
  17. Hello From Hannah And Princess Lucie Jellybean!

Hello! Just to introduce ourselves, I am Hannah and my Companion is Princess Lucie Jellybean (names chosen by my dear children) who is a 7 month old female Barraband Parrot. I have had her for just under a week and she has already learnt step-up training. Her favorite foods are Riveta...
Top Bottom