help

1. JamesBrook1840

Problem

Hello everyone, I'm James, I'm 16 years old, and have a 1 year-old ringneck, I have him for about 12 days, and he'll let me feed him, from in and outside his cage, but he will not step up, I also need him to stop biting, he's been biting (not that hard) a day now, any tips?
  2. BeeBee

Avian Gastric Yeast/ Mega Bacteria

Hi all Sorry to come on with a question after not being on much lately! Could anyone tell me what the latest recommended treatment for AVG is and where to get it? I know Megabac s can only be imported now? It is for a budgie (*who is under the vet and and had a number of tests and treatments...
  3. Brooksey101

My Golden Mantle Rosella

Hello! A week ago I bought a beautiful 9 month old golden mantle Rosella, Prince. He chirps, plays in his cage,grooms himself often, and eats well, he seems happy, but when I come near the cage he turns his back to me and stays still... I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips on making him...
  4. Bonnie

Pellet Diet

so I’ve been advised to move my jenday conure onto a pellet diet (he was born in November) I knew this was going to be difficult but my gosh... He’s in a foul mood and he’s not willing to try it... he’s biting.. just not happy I’ve squeezed an apple all over the pellets in hope that he’ll try...
  5. Triss

Mite Infestation, Help.

I've seen tiny red mites around my parrotlet's eyes and nares. Are there any safe and effective ways of ridding myself of them? She sneezes and scratches a lot and I think she probably has some in her respiratory system (weird sounds when breathing.) This is a bit of an emergency because I...
  6. Miss_Hecate

Galah Cockatoo Help!

I was giving my 8 month old Galah Cockatoo a shower with a spray bottle when I noticed this strange mark on his back. Usually this is hidden by his wings or other feathers. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? It’s my first time owning a cockatoo and I’d just like a second opinion. Is...
  7. Seizure

Today my 18 week old baby Indian ring neck parrot had what I believe to be a seizure, she fell off her perch wings out and head tucked under her wing and was as you could say vibrating on the floor of her cage. I immediately got into her cage and grabbed her and she came back round and sat on my...
  8. mama_hill

Oh My Days, Apple Has Laid An Egg!! What Do I Do?

What do I do? I'm so stressed right now. Apple is a Senegal and she's been with me for 11 years. For 6 & half years, she lived with jambo. So this morning, she sat really quiet at the bottom of her cage and I say her name & talk to her etc but she doesn't move. So I'm pretty worried, get a...
  9. Christina Payne

New 4yo Indian Ringneck Hen

Hi all, So about a month ago we bought a beautiful 4yo indian ringneck hen called jazz. She was however abused in a previous home, which has led to some negative behaviours, which include screeching / squaking when you go near her or her cage, attempting to bite through the cage ( it's not...
  10. Alicia Andrews

Calcium & Vitamin D Deficiency.

Hi guys. I had to take myQuaker Parakeet to the vet the other day and was told he has Calcium & Vitamin D deficiency to which I got given liquid calcium etc to give him everyday until he is fully on the harrisons potent food. He seems to be eating OK if I hand feed him, but since Monday he just...
  11. BeeBee

Help! Concerned For A Bird Up For Sale South London

Can anyone help who is in the market for a CAG? For some reason I feel very worried for this bird. I don't have the money/ equipment together yet or I would take him today. I'm concerned as someone has made an offer on him who themself is selling off pairs of parrots for health reasons!! The...
  12. Nick Jr.

Any Advice Or Opinions?

As I'm sure some of you know, I was in quite a hectic situation the other week which. led to me having to re-home my wonderful Senegal Parrot Cilantro (Thank you for everyone's help here when I needed it, especially sunnyring and wakizashi for actually taking on my poor bird boy). I am moving...
  13. Sun Conure Info?

Hi everyone :) I might be getting a second bird, a five month old sun! I am aware of how loud they are since I already have a gold cap but I have heard that Suns vocalize a lot more and some may for hours a day. Can anyone with a sun tell me their experiences? Thanks! :)
  14. Second Bird

Hi :) I've got a gold cap, Jade, she's a little over a year old and we are planning to get a second bird. I've heard that once people get two birds they begin to bond with each other and don't really want to spend as much time with humans anymore. Right now we are on vacation and Jade with with...
  15. Bird Boarder Needed - London

Hi there, I'm looking for a nice bird boarder for our lovebird Titi 29th July - 14th August. We're based in North London but are happy to travel (ideally not more than an hour or so). Titi is friendly and healthy with no special requirements beyond some company and a bit of flying time each...
  16. archo2132

I'm Kinda Freaking Out....

And my parrot might be too. Okay, so I have a Hans macaw parrot. Pretty small bird. He recently got a slightly smaller cage (although most of this has been happening since before then). Just wondering if anyone knows anything on pacing back and forth in parrots. People have said to get him...
  17. Clipped - Not Clipped?

I'm sure this has been a topic everyones seen, thought and talked about before. Do I clip? I know the benefits to either but... My vet said... My [insert name] said... I've not got a bird yet but I will be getting either a Green Cheek or a Maroon belly Conure in the next year. I'd like...
  18. Shops In Or Near Surrey

Hi All, I am thinking about getting a Parrot and people have recommended i meet some birds at Pet Shops or from breeders. Problem is that I have no idea if there are either nearby to me. I have Googled it but only shop i can find is Pets at Home which doesn't seem to have much in the way of...
  19. Jayne Crouch

Help, Parrot Goes Into A Trance Like State

Hi, Several times throughout the day my Indian Ring Neck tilts her head right back looks up and makes a weird noise her eyes dilate and she makes the noise for up to a couple of minutes. She is totally content but non responsive of anything around her, which is very unlike her. She goes into a...
  20. badgirlgc

Behavior Problems

I am just wanting to know how to try to stop my 3yr old African grey from always dumping her feed bowl and taking her perches out and when I try to fix them she bites me can anyone give me some idea's please she is open cage all the time except at bedtime. thank you badgirlgc
Top Bottom