help and advice

1. Thoughts?

Meet Skye Wanted to know if my budgie Skye's cere is in trouble. Female budgie around 3 or 4 years old now. Eats just general budgie seed mix. 2 years ago she had a fight with her sister budgie leading to the other sadly passing away and this little one bleeding from her feathers and had made...
  2. StephMol

In Loving Memory of Mickey 💖💖

Hello everyone, I'm so glad I've found this forum and I am hoping I've found the right community of people to help .. My family Golden Blue Macaw, Mickey, suddenly and unexpectantly passed away on Saturday and my poor mum, Lisa, is in bits. Having a parrot for over twenty years is like having...
  3. Libbiheath

Broken Trust with my Budgie

Hello! I have a Budgie named Blair, who if I must say, is an INCREDIBLY stubborn bird. :D When I first got her it took several months until she began to trust me, and we bonded very closely. She would fly up to me, sit on my head, try and eat my hair, it was lovely (except from the hair thing)...
  4. Libbiheath

Is there something wrong with my budgie?

Hiya, this is my sweet budgie called vinnie, she’s quite small and can’t fly very well due to bad wing clipping in her past, my other two budgies are perfectly healthy and play all the time. However vinnie, does not like to bathe, or doesn’t really play, she’ll chew on something a little and...
  5. niamhandori

Blaise suddenly not ok with my family

So i’ve been doing training with blaise to get her comfortable with my family. she’s done amazing with it and was stepping with and very comfortable with my mum. which is very important because tomorrow i’m going away for 2.5 days. So my mum needs to be able to put the birds in and out because...
  6. Christina Jones

Help needed - difficulty taming & training

Hi, I'm stuck in abit of a pickle with my illiger's macaw Chili and i'm honestly not sure where to go next as I have a few problems and the usual method's are not working. Any advice welcome. I had a Hahn's macaw (sadly passed away) for 8 years so i have some experience and understand the...
  7. Cockatiels still don’t like us.

Hi got 2 male cockatiels nearly 3 years ago from a pet store and neither of them like us still. We followed all the advice and live in a quiet household but they still just seem terrified of us. The one seems quite relaxed, but just doesn’t like us coming to near, the other one seems annoyed...
  8. JamesBrook1840

Update 😔

I had to leave home, so I left him there, my mother came at night and she picked him up, he didn't resist or do any noise, it was late, what does that mean? I'm afraid 😞 (He was out all day everyday, playing with me, being on my shoulder etc. And today this happened.) (For those who don't know...
  9. Teagan_

HELP! I have two Parrotlets!

I have two Parrotlets that are brothers. I bought them together in the shop and they've been in a cage together ever since (they come out together too). The thing is they still are extremely timid around me. I've had the pair for two months now, and while I know parrot taming can take time, I...
  10. Bonnie

I Need Help.. And Advice....

I am a new parrot owner... I was wondering if there was anyone who lived relatively close who could come and see my bird and give me some advice on training and check out what I’m doing and how I can do it better... I want the best life for my bird and I feel this would be a good start :)
  11. hannah smith

Should I Be Concerned?

Since my orange winged amazon began warming up to me, I've noticed a consistent behaviour. When I lie down on my bed to either watch something, nap, and especially when I'm ill, she flies over and perches on my arm near my head, she then continuously flaps her wings and fluffs her feathers...
  12. KLD95

Can Somebody Help? - Screaming

I’ve had Jed for 3 weeks now from previous owner. He was not hand reared or tactile. I have spent lots of time with him which he is now stepping up and spending time on my lap snuggling and also sleeping. Jed will eat out of my hands mouth etc he shows signs of affection. One thing he does not...
  13. s.sulli

New Bird Health Check Showing Problems

Hi, I've become an owner of a 4 week old bronze winged pionus today who is currently nameless. Took it to the vets for a health check before bringing the little one home. This evening the vets called me with some of the results from the blood tests that they have done. Unfortunately it's zinc...
  14. Jodie Byram-Davies

2 Year Old Male Sun Conure Taming/training Tips?

Hello! I am new to this site as I have just recently, (two days ago), adopted a 2 year old male sun conure. I was hoping that someone would be able to advise me on how to go about taming and eventually training him. A little information about him: I acquired him from an older couple who had...
  15. Seizure

Today my 18 week old baby Indian ring neck parrot had what I believe to be a seizure, she fell off her perch wings out and head tucked under her wing and was as you could say vibrating on the floor of her cage. I immediately got into her cage and grabbed her and she came back round and sat on my...
  16. Alicia Andrews

Calcium & Vitamin D Deficiency.

Hi guys. I had to take myQuaker Parakeet to the vet the other day and was told he has Calcium & Vitamin D deficiency to which I got given liquid calcium etc to give him everyday until he is fully on the harrisons potent food. He seems to be eating OK if I hand feed him, but since Monday he just...
Top Bottom