help and advice

1. Thoughts?

Meet Skye Wanted to know if my budgie Skye's cere is in trouble. Female budgie around 3 or 4 years old now. Eats just general budgie seed mix. 2 years ago she had a fight with her sister budgie leading to the other sadly passing away and this little one bleeding from her feathers and had made...
  2. StephMol

In Loving Memory of Mickey 💖💖

Hello everyone, I'm so glad I've found this forum and I am hoping I've found the right community of people to help .. My family Golden Blue Macaw, Mickey, suddenly and unexpectantly passed away on Saturday and my poor mum, Lisa, is in bits. Having a parrot for over twenty years is like having...
  3. Libbiheath

Broken Trust with my Budgie

Hello! I have a Budgie named Blair, who if I must say, is an INCREDIBLY stubborn bird. :D When I first got her it took several months until she began to trust me, and we bonded very closely. She would fly up to me, sit on my head, try and eat my hair, it was lovely (except from the hair thing)...
  4. Libbiheath

Is there something wrong with my budgie?

Hiya, this is my sweet budgie called vinnie, she’s quite small and can’t fly very well due to bad wing clipping in her past, my other two budgies are perfectly healthy and play all the time. However vinnie, does not like to bathe, or doesn’t really play, she’ll chew on something a little and...
  5. ChurpyBirdy

Searching for a Reputable White Bellied/Yellow-Thighed Caique Breeder

Hello! I have been dead-set on adopting a hand-reared White Bellied/Yellow-thighed Caique as a companion bird for a few years now and am finally in a position to do so. I have done a lot of research and I feel comfortable with taking on the breed. The problem is, I can't seem to find any...
  6. niamhandori

Blaise suddenly not ok with my family

So i’ve been doing training with blaise to get her comfortable with my family. she’s done amazing with it and was stepping with and very comfortable with my mum. which is very important because tomorrow i’m going away for 2.5 days. So my mum needs to be able to put the birds in and out because...
  7. niamhandori

Isla has umm gotten too close to me 😳

Today I’m pretty sure Isla tried mating on my hand. She was rubbing herself on my hand while being very fluffed up. I’ve wondered if she’s been trying to nest in my hair but i thought that was unlikely since they don’t normally do it in places that move. however i do think she was now. She is...
  8. niamhandori

immediate help is needed.

I left my room to go to the toilet when i came back you’ll see in the photo what i saw with Isla. Isla is the only bird who doesn’t like blaise. Blaise is very chilled with the other birds normally and seems ok with them even if they are being annoying. i guess today she snapped. it’s possible...
  9. niamhandori

are puppy pads ok?

I’ve used puppy pads on the birds cage floor since i’ve had them all. i was watching a youtube video of someone setting up a cage and they said not to use them because of chemicals and to use newspapers or child bed ones instead. i’ve never really thought about it before and now i just want to...
  10. niamhandori

long days out

So it’s rare i go out for the whole day! i went out for the day a couple weeks ago but someone was home for the birds. My family are planning a day trip to the beach. the beach for us is about 1h 45mins away. so i imagine it will be 10am-5pm out. i’m trying to figure out what’s best for the...
  11. niamhandori

are bird backpacks safe?

so i’ve been trying harness training but i’m not very good at putting it on quickly. Isla gets to the point where she’ll happily put her head through the hole and and wings in sometimes but i can’t tighten it fast enough and she gets stressed. so i had to cut it off her today because she was...
  12. niamhandori

Do i have too many now?

So i’m getting stressed that i have too many birds. I did end up getting two budgies which now means i have 7 birds. i love them so much but when i tell people i have 7 they think i’m crazy. not sure i’ve done the right thing. mine all have flight cages, harrison’s pellets and chop so they are...
  13. elliean

budgie

hello! i’m planning on getting a budgie and i wanted some advice. what size cage is best in cm or inch? is the large vision cage good? would you recommend one or two budgies? how long to they take to tame? i’m ones i looking at are apparently hand tame. the budgie or two would be living in...
  14. Christina Jones

Help needed - difficulty taming & training

Hi, I'm stuck in abit of a pickle with my illiger's macaw Chili and i'm honestly not sure where to go next as I have a few problems and the usual method's are not working. Any advice welcome. I had a Hahn's macaw (sadly passed away) for 8 years so i have some experience and understand the...
  15. niamhandori

ringneck not friendly all of a sudden

Hiro my indian ringneck has gone quick backwards in friendliness. He used to be alright stepping up to me and i could give him kisses. This week and a half he’s been very different. Not really wanting to be with me. he used to fall asleep on me and he would always sit with me. this week he...
  16. niamhandori

how long does it take my birds to recognise me?

So i’ve had purple hair for a long time now and before it my hair was brown. so the birds are used to me with dark hair. today i bleached my hair to get it ready to be dyed a new lighter colour on monday. I went in to see the birds and Emi my conure didn’t care but Hiro seemed spooked by it he...
  17. niamhandori

keeping birds cool

So right now it’s very hot! my bedroom where the birds live is also can get hot. it’s hot right now. i have a air cooler fan in my room which is on full blast but it still doesn’t cool my room enough. is there any other methods that can help? also when does the heat become too dangerous for...
  18. niamhandori

Lavender is it safe?

So i have 2 lavender filled hearts in my bedroom. the birds have never been interested in them since they are in a area they don’t go normally. however Emi loves it there. she does tend to sit on top of the hearts and it hit me today that they have lavender in. she sometimes chews it however i’m...
  19. elliean

derbyan parakeet and other birds?

So i’m thinking of getting a derbyan parakeet. I have 2 indian ringnecks. They all live in different cages and this one would too. But they all will together in the same room in my bird room. How would this work are derbyan parakeets usually alright with other birds that aren’t their own? Any...
  20. Cockatiels still don’t like us.

Hi got 2 male cockatiels nearly 3 years ago from a pet store and neither of them like us still. We followed all the advice and live in a quiet household but they still just seem terrified of us. The one seems quite relaxed, but just doesn’t like us coming to near, the other one seems annoyed...
Top Bottom