advice

1. Bonnie

Cage Advice

I have a Jenday Conure, born last year... He’s been very ill but on the mend now, hopefully!! Noticed a few missing feathers on his chest which used to have a lot of critical care food on, I’m hoping these feathers have dropped out due to the damage of the food and he’s not plucking them. I’m...
  2. Connor Gibson-Leitch

Advice About My Lovebird

I recently recieved a lovebird from my neighbours as they could not have it anymore as it scared their dog, so I said I would take it as I have wanted a bird for years. It is not hand reared and dont think it was ever handled often. When I put my hand near the cage even extremely slowly, he will...
  3. Bonnie

Pellet Diet

so I’ve been advised to move my jenday conure onto a pellet diet (he was born in November) I knew this was going to be difficult but my gosh... He’s in a foul mood and he’s not willing to try it... he’s biting.. just not happy I’ve squeezed an apple all over the pellets in hope that he’ll try...
  4. Bonnie

I Need Help.. And Advice....

I am a new parrot owner... I was wondering if there was anyone who lived relatively close who could come and see my bird and give me some advice on training and check out what I’m doing and how I can do it better... I want the best life for my bird and I feel this would be a good start :)
  5. Hi, Recommendations Please

Hello, I have come here wondering if anyone knows a good bird shop which will allow you to hold and meet birds as I am researching birds as pets and am considering owning one. However I have never actually met or held a bird and would like to do so before making any commitments or decisions...
  6. KLD95

Plucking Senegal

Oh guys, to think I was off to a good start with Jed! He’s now started plucking. I’m wracking my brain to think what I’ve done Any tips and advice? Thanks in advance, Kirsty x
  7. Christina Payne

New 4yo Indian Ringneck Hen

Hi all, So about a month ago we bought a beautiful 4yo indian ringneck hen called jazz. She was however abused in a previous home, which has led to some negative behaviours, which include screeching / squaking when you go near her or her cage, attempting to bite through the cage ( it's not...
  8. Work Situation Is Changing And I Need Some Advice About My Parrots

I have two Indian Ring-neck Parrots, Riku and Saria. I've had Riku for two years and I'm very attached to him, I got Saria roughly a year ago to give Riku some company while I'm at work. But my work situation may change very soon and I'm not sure what to do. For information purposes my work...
  9. Lauren Smith

Need Help Deciding If Can Get A Macaw In Late Future

Hi i am new to the forum and i wanted to know from anyone about a problem i see all over the place for the future. at the moment i look after a male budgie indoors, even though he is not tame yet (he was gotten this September) he loves my company... i have started out with him because i am...
  10. ThomasE

Intorduction, New To Parrot Care Advise Appreciated

Hi, So I am Thomas I am 22 and I am very new to caring for a parrot. I will list below the things I am doing etc. I would appreciate some feedback or advise on things I may be doing wrong or could work on. I have recently purchased a sun conure as my first parrot. His Name is ollie. He is 4...
  11. Nick Jr.

Any Advice Or Opinions?

As I'm sure some of you know, I was in quite a hectic situation the other week which. led to me having to re-home my wonderful Senegal Parrot Cilantro (Thank you for everyone's help here when I needed it, especially sunnyring and wakizashi for actually taking on my poor bird boy). I am moving...
  12. Sun Conure Info?

Hi everyone :) I might be getting a second bird, a five month old sun! I am aware of how loud they are since I already have a gold cap but I have heard that Suns vocalize a lot more and some may for hours a day. Can anyone with a sun tell me their experiences? Thanks! :)
  13. Second Bird

Hi :) I've got a gold cap, Jade, she's a little over a year old and we are planning to get a second bird. I've heard that once people get two birds they begin to bond with each other and don't really want to spend as much time with humans anymore. Right now we are on vacation and Jade with with...
  14. tuki

Conure Taming Advice For Newbie Please :)

Hi, I'm new to the forum and also new to keeping birds and would be very grateful for any advice  Thanks. My family and I got a Green Cheek Conure two days ago and I haven't been able to find any really good advice on how to tame it. Its 8 months old, unsexed and has been with a previous...
  15. Clipped - Not Clipped?

I'm sure this has been a topic everyones seen, thought and talked about before. Do I clip? I know the benefits to either but... My vet said... My [insert name] said... I've not got a bird yet but I will be getting either a Green Cheek or a Maroon belly Conure in the next year. I'd like...
  16. sharpey07

Hello All

Hi everybody I am in the West Yorkshire area of the Uk and I have been seriously thinking recently that I would like to take on the responsibility of having a bird. I am a single guy who has no other pets and no children and I was wondering if anyone could advise me on a good species to look out...
  17. malibu200786

Tempted To Get A Conure Advice Please

hello i have a rosella and a IRN who are not tame , how hard are parent reared pet shop bought conures to tame? there 55quid and hand reared are 295quid so theres a good price difference. was going to take our rosella and IRN to a pet shop and they will give me a 14week old african grey hand...
Top Bottom