Search results

1. mariah

Hello everyone

I think i am a little animal mad lol but i can't help it, i just love giving them a home . I will run out of room at some point though :D
  2. mariah

Hello everyone

i have a lot of animals lol but they are all well cared for and had them from babies. My dogs Bailey and Bella were pups when i got them and are now 11 and 12 years old . Bailey and Bell when they was pups -
  3. mariah

Hello everyone

My cats -
  4. mariah

Hello everyone

This was Farley my rabbit -
  5. mariah

Hello everyone

here's some of my pets - my dogs, do i need to put these in another part of the forum by the way?
  6. mariah

Hello everyone

The lady who she is with currently is great with her, she is like me an animal lover lol she has an aviary for her budgies, her husband keeps fish , she's got a tortoise , a canary , chickens :D and she looks after peoples dogs when they go away . she only has one dog at a time or two if from...
  7. mariah

Hello everyone

yes i understand exactly what you mean , i am looking at it in a way that if the lady decides to keep her then great but if she can't and needs a new home i am willing to take her on and care for her. Like i said in an earlier post, if the lady does keep her i will be on the look out for a bird...
  8. mariah

Budgie related: which food is good for budgie

thank you @CaptainHowdy i will make sure to rinse it through regular
  9. mariah

yes i always wash fresh food i just meant apple cider vinegar for sprouting and rinsing the seed or is just water enough?
  10. mariah

@Michael Reynolds i have found the thread that @Roz did for sprouting, just reading through it now, it's great .
  11. mariah

Do i need to rinse with apple cider vinegar? i have seen some people say you do but others have said not, what is your opinions?
  12. mariah

Hello everyone

hi and thank you, great tip regarding the Debyan and nuts they may like, i think storing correctly is the same for most bird food like seed and nuts. The lady who she is with at the minute told me that she likes to chew and she also tries to pinch any food that you are eating . She is very...
  13. mariah

yes i have read that if it doesn't sprout it means the seed isn't good quality or fresh. I am just having a go now at sprouting some , i have rinsed it in a plastic sieve and put in in a container with water to sit for 8 hours but no longer. After 8 hours i am going to rinse again and let the...
  14. mariah

Hello everyone

I found this yesterday and thought it was interesting regarding monkey nuts for parrots . Basically concerning the quality of the nuts and not to be fed in large quantities. https://robharveyfeeds.wordpress.com/2015/03/01/nuts-including-the-truth-about-monkey-nuts/
  15. mariah

Yes i was reading and looking at sprouting seed , i am always reading up for info on budgies . I have watched so many videos and recently on parrots , i look at a lot of sites to get info even though some can give you varying info or opinion. I will deffo look at giving them more grasses , they...
  16. mariah

Hello everyone

@dianaT i let the lady know regarding the monkey nuts that she's been giving her Derbyan Parakeet. She said she picked them up from Pets at Home before things got bad with this virus . They sell them especially for parrots she said so she thought they would be safe . She said maybe they source...
  17. mariah

i had a cockatiel quite a few years ago until he died of old age but he was so funny and friendly. He always wanted to be with you, on my shoulder , pulling my hair he was so cheeky lol he had a massive personality for a little bird :tiel::hearts1:
  18. mariah

Yes i agree , i have had my two over a year now and they have lovely personalities . They love their veg , i hang their parsley form the top of the cage and they climb on it, swing and all sorts . They like carrot leaves , kale and sweet potato, sweet corn i have tried but not bothered with and...
  19. mariah

Budgie related: do budgie like toys?

i agree , there are so many dangers and yes like i say it may just have been a freak accident. Please though just be aware when buying toys for birds to check that there is nothing they can get caught up in or chew and end up eating bits of plastic or fine fibres. Mine have got a large multiple...
  20. mariah

Hello everyone

Hi and thank you Michael, i would love to have her so all i can do now is see what happens and i will keep you updated. I am sure if i don't end up with her i will be looking for another bird to give a home to so will deffo need all your help and advice .
Top Bottom