Search results

1. Yav

So who are these Parrot Rescuers?

Infact all I ask is that the next time I or we are told to find a bird from rescue centre - STOP virtue signalling please. Give details of such a rescue centre.......
  2. Yav

Thank you @Michael Reynolds , i am indeed confused as to why simple thing have to be so complicated. I thought it would be a simple thing to ask who would be a good rescue centre - as 99% seem to be scammers
  3. Yav

Isnt this part of the problem then? Who decided we cant rate rescuers? I fully undrestand that there are great rescuers and great breeders. Isnt the point of this club to give the best advice. I dont seem to get what point I am missing? Are we going to be sued by bad rescues or recommending...
  4. Yav

Laughter is good
  5. Yav

Fine you are correct.. it was stupid of me to ask advice. You win. Parrots lose.
  6. Yav

I have looked - i wasnt rude - kindly allow others to have a say on the original subject
  7. Yav

A Discussion On Rehoming/adopting/fostering And What Do These Terms Mean?

Ok so i have read all this : its fine for people to sell dogs but not parrots. There are good and bad rescue centres for parrots. How does this help anyone? MR gives great advice but its a crap shoot.
  8. Yav

@DizzyBlue i get it - mine-field - the birds might not the best out of this
  9. Yav

@Tonifrax i have not been rude. I merely asked questions. One of my responses was to someone who basically said learn to google. Maybe Scott didnt intend to be insulting but I had the right to respond to that. Being told to learn to google is the modern equiv of saying learn to read or in...
  10. Yav

No. I am asking questions, perfectly fair questions. If there are special rules about particular subjects I should be aware of them. I have not been rude. At the same time if I am to afford respect to others the same applies in reverse. If this comes over bad in text thats just what it is. So...
  11. Yav

This seems to be a taboo subject. I dont understand why. @Scott199 thx for yr input i didnt mean to come across as snotty, but u might have interpreted it as that. Trust me - I have googled this to FK! It is bizarre we cant talk about this - why must I resort to FaceBook - that s a big enough...
  12. Yav

I am looking for help with perhaps good experiences about rescue centres - I DO NOT need advice on how to google. Why shouldnt we rate one rescuer over another? Isnt that the whole point?
  13. Yav

@Scott199 i’m sure they exist. I am not not doing my homework. I have done my homework and the parrot rescue scene is a mess. Thats why I was asking here as we after all the parrot club. I think what diane is saying even the words we type into pms gets converted. That we are limited in talking...
  14. Yav

@dianaT I dont understand. We are a parrot club. Just as we might recommend a breeder why cant we recommend parrot rescue centres? From my experience they mostly don’t exist - they are quasi zoos with TigerKing style operators who want the fun of the nice parrots, pretend to be a rescue centre...
  15. Yav

I’ve been involved in a few chats recently about who are the best breeders etc......Quite often the suggestion comes up from people @Kendra (I think you were one) that there are large quantities of parrots that need good homes? I’m fully on board with that ..... #noparrotleftbehind ! And all...
  16. Yav

I dont know about you,but

@plumsmum the bbc wont report on real things
  17. Yav

Theres a big petition and movement for defunding it. I occasionally scan thru bbci and the “entertainment” is unwatchable. We shouldnt be forced to pay a tax for something no one wants to use. The news is completely biased.
  18. Yav

Thursday 23rd July 2020

Hey all. Cloudy but warm down south. My cage arrived on pallets today. Could barely get the two boxes into the house.
  19. Yav

#defundthebbc
  20. Yav

Macaw Breeders

@Cpt.GreyBeard did you speak to barrett yet? Re the scarlet baby?
Top Bottom