Search results

1. Tonifrax

Cotton or sisal

This is what I have so far. Its just the base. Planning on adding eye screws to the corners then putting rope through and then adding three more pieces of wood further up to attach toys to.
  2. Tonifrax

Perch potatoes

Hi, After installing a new UV light for my parrotlets they were very active for quite a few days, more so than before, but now they've gone back to being perch potatoes. I leave their cage door open all day but they just sit together on their perch doing nothing. They come down to eat and...
  3. Tonifrax

App called Seek

Maybe it was a horned snail, disguised as a conference pear, that fooled you but not technogy
  4. Tonifrax

Cotton or sisal

Yeah i was thinking of using something like the kind of bracket used for hanging baskets. Im going to use willow for the main part of it and either sisal or chain to hang it or maybe a combination of both. Will be easier to decide what im doing once I get started. I was making tree stands for...
  5. Tonifrax

Identification Assistance

Looks like some sort of beetle, ive seen similar here before near our pond but im not an expert on bugs so couldn't say for sure 🤔
  6. Tonifrax

Work with birds?

I think the nearest zoo is Edinburgh as I live in aberdeenshire. I have thought I might have to move to broaden my horizons. Its a bit daunting not knowing what your next move is :bird_brain:
  7. Tonifrax

Work with birds?

Hi, Does anyone on here have a job that involves working with birds? Ive been a Chef for the past 5 years. I love it but its 12+ hour shifts, no breaks and a lot of stress. It became my whole life and without it I initially felt lost but I do not feel happy living that way anymore. I love my...
  8. Tonifrax

Leggy birds 😜

9. Tonifrax

Cotton or sisal

I might use some chain as well as the rope. I have an image in my head of what I want to make I just need to make it 😂 I was tempted to just cover my living room in sisal ropes from one side of the room to the other but perhaps that might be excessive... However my birds have already taken over...
  10. Tonifrax

Cotton or sisal

I live in quite an old building so that may be an issue. I was thinking about maybe getting a wall bracket to hang it from instead of drilling into the roof just incase 🤔 i havent quite decided what I am building although I have a rough idea. Was going to screw some willow branches together to...
  11. Tonifrax

Cotton or sisal

Thank you Michael, I have heard quite a few horror stories about birds getting caught up in cotton ropes so thought sisal would probably be the way to go
  12. Tonifrax

Cotton or sisal

Hi, I was going to make another playstand for my birds that I can hang from the ceiling and I was just wondering if I would be better using cotton or sisal to hang it? 🤔 Thanks 😊
  13. Tonifrax

Training tips and ideas

Hey Darren and welcome! I was the one who responded to you on fb earlier to suggest this forum 😄 you will find some great advice on here and all of the members are so nice and helpful! I used to own an indian ringneck several years ago now. How old is your bird and how long have you had...
  14. Tonifrax

Thursday 2nd July

Its the better way to go 😂👍🏻 love it! :risas3:
  15. Tonifrax

Thursday 2nd July

Hi everyone Dull day here too. Haven't used my car in a while so it was a bit annoying to find out that the brakes were seized but it is sorted now. My dad always tells me to leave it with the handbrake off but I always worry it might roll away :pancarta: Had a call from the parrot charity...
  16. Tonifrax

Aint that the truth 😂

17. Tonifrax

Parrotlets... Underrated?

18. Tonifrax

The uv light I got has made a massive difference. Theyre a lot more active and keeping me on my toes! I have bongo drums in my living room and they have become obsessed with them. Walking on them, hanging upsides down from them, hiding behind them. They're a couple of little nutters
  19. Tonifrax

Yeah I think that's why I find it so amusing, looked as if she was going to fly but then just decided she'd rather take the steps 😂
  20. Tonifrax

Try not to laugh

Yeah Ive looked at it like 5 times now and it still gets me! 😂
Top Bottom