Search results

1. Scott199

Please help! What do you feed your african grey?

but if I can"t the little tyrant to eat many vegetables and such and forgetting the price, with regards to nutritional benefit would it help to fill the void ? or do you think it's just pointless ?
  2. Scott199

Please help! What do you feed your african grey?

yes the list ive tried compared to the list he''ll eat is massive, must have tried 40/50/60 things maybe more, he likes around 4 of them, but we keep trying. @Danielmoore1996 feeding is the sole thing that worries me on a daily basis, trying to get variety and nutrition all in and then get him...
  3. Scott199

Travel cage training

hi na tried that loads as he stands on it in the window and i keep dropping treats in, to be honest this is the first real attempt at getting him inside, it'll take time but thats fine, just made me chuckle the he wondered round and round then just decided to climb up and cut middle man out.
  4. Scott199

Travel cage training

So last night decided it was time to start training Bert to go in his travel cage, so i put it on the floor, door open and used his stick to entice him in, he normally will do almost anything for his stick. So i open the door and lay down behind it kind of looking through the back. he...
  5. Scott199

Show us your chop

thank you, so now he puts his beak in, eats nothing and goes "MMMmmmmmmm" :biggrin::rolleyes: :roulette: but hey, he may not be eating it but its funny I gave in
  6. Scott199

Show us your chop

second attempt, only things he likes, even put crushed nutriberries, pellet, cashews, brazil and walnut sprinkles on top. outcome = NOPE I did manage to get him to eat the sprouted popcorn from it by holding the bowl for him for around an hour on and off. any tips to get them to eat chop ?
  7. Scott199

Willow branches/perches.

driving for essential reasons, i believe free willow will fall in to the category :aplastao: but im not entirely sure id get away with a 500 mile round trip :nono:
  8. Scott199

Willow branches/perches.

cheers, i'll have another go, all i found was twisted type wire cable which will have oil/grease in it.
  9. Scott199

Willow branches/perches.

does anyone know a suitable or a supplier of some type of bird safe wire, im thinking SS 2/3mm or something similar. I want to make a bridge and/or a ladder and would prefer to use wire for cleanliness and also i would like it to be thin and i'm not convinced thin leather or rope will hold up...
  10. Scott199

Show us your chop

First attempt, in be tried finely cut before but not this. mots ok I have time to perfect as our little lad give me the biggest disappointing look when he seen it 😂
  11. Scott199

advise/help or your opinion please

So just a little update for all. Thank you all for the help and advise. We officially applied for Bert last week and just has the confirmation (pending some paperwork signing) that he’s now ours. so I’d like to officially welcome our new CAG Bert to the Parrot club family 😁
  12. Scott199

Surface disinfectant

Yep F10 here to if you buy the concentrated (F10 or F10scxd which has a washing liquid type thing in it) and mix it 1-250 or 1-500 it’s actually about the same cost as normal surface cleaners. we use it everywhere the bird doesn’t go at 1-100. so 1-100 would be 10m per litre 1-250 4ml per...
  13. Scott199

Happy Birthday KateA

:dev14::tmnt: hope you have a good day
  14. Scott199

Behaviour ?? (Multi thread)

hi, yes I took your advise and started to be a little more strict with treat's and he only gets them when he touches the stick if he nibbles or bites he doesn't get one, took him a few days to realise but now he generally touches the stick with the outside off his beak.
  15. Scott199

Behaviour ?? (Multi thread)

This may be one for @Roz ? as you know im still nervous of his beak, doesn't really cause any great issue as he's generally calm and nice, so today I decided to let him nibble on my finger (he tries often but I avoid the beak) So when I pet him or play sometimes he leans in with his beak open...
  16. Scott199

Willow branches/perches.

thanks, as for our tree, i'm loving this "make my own" thing, i'm going to try perches, then ladders and then i want to make him a bridge, if it was me and safe id certainly make some toys and bits out of it. Also done a quick google and found a dozen or more sites saying tis safe, but none i...
  17. Scott199

Willow branches/perches.

Hi, Me again, surprise, surprise :rolleyes: please can i just check these are willow, im 90% sure but as they are new growth i don't have the tell, tell signs of hanging or fluffy worm things, but if so then ive found 30-40 new growing bits like this, all growing straight up and fresh, green...
  18. Scott199

Willow branches/perches.

perfect thank you, some have like a yellow moss, growth, I assume scrub this off and just generally make sure they are clean ?
  19. Scott199

Willow branches/perches.

So all those pics are willow ? Those look great, thank you. I could certainly make some ladders and such fairly easily, I’d love some shelves but that means finding something bigger, maybe one step at a time, lol. Do I need to do anything special with the willow branches, cleaning wise ? I’d...
  20. Scott199

Seed recommendations

oh sorry, i didn't realise
Top Bottom