Search results

1. Michael Reynolds

6 month old aviary bred Indian ringneck

there is a little thing that may also help but many will not think of it, the placement of the feed bowl, you should always place it at the back of the cage, so your bird will have to go in to get it. it will give you that little extra time to close the door, if your bird see you coming you...
  2. Michael Reynolds

ok your bird can go with out food during the day but never let it go without water, if you bird dose not go in do not chase it, when you leave for work the following day just remove the seed mix leave a little bit of fruit like a slice of apple and a grape, when you get in and are staying in...
  3. Michael Reynolds

Thursday 17 October

Have you had any of them moments when your birds become silent suddenly, from full voices to none within a second. it seams quite strange all my flock are completely silent. even the budgies. have I suddenly got deaf or are they planning something . Kate you make me laugh, what's his...
  4. Michael Reynolds

ok when you get home hide the food from the cage, he will not have the opportunity to go in and get it quickly when you leave the room, let him see you put the food back about an half hour before you want to call it a night, just sit down and see if he is hungry enough to get his food,
  5. Michael Reynolds

Thursday 17 October

Fresh water and senegals do mix Kate, Bobbie likes to bath in his dish
  6. Michael Reynolds

Thursday 17 October

you sound exhausted Ha Ha
  7. Michael Reynolds

Indian ringneck parrot

it one small step for man, one big step for bird kind, you are doing well in gaining trust, have you tried different treats to see what is his ultimate favorite? slowly make it a little more difficult for him to reach, by twisting your hand slightly away from his beak so he has to stretch...
  8. Michael Reynolds

How do you think his behaviour is like? is he chewing on things you do not want him to? mine do not cause damage so they have there freedom day and night
  9. Michael Reynolds

I would cover the top and the side the budgies like to sit near for now, I want them to get used to each other with out them getting stressed
  10. Michael Reynolds

Thursday 17 October

Good morning Diana and Wendy plus all that follow, wet but stopped raining at the moment, birds are all flying about , I would not even attempt to try to do sewing with my Senegals near me, you are brave.
  11. Michael Reynolds

Urgent IRN re-homing

they have a new home through Wakizashi21 @DizzyBlue
  12. Michael Reynolds

just put a cover on top of the budgie cage for now, this bird has not seen a budgie before, they are scared of each other but will soon get used to each being around, ringnecks are not known for attacking other birds but they do use there beaks as a warning, I have budgies and ringnecks out...
  13. Michael Reynolds

Indian ringneck parrot

IRN's will eat nearly any thing they are survivors and this is the main reason they are doing so well around England, so much depends on how active your bird gets, the main dry feed I use is Lean and fit by Johnson and Jeff, my birds will often try to get any of my other birds food, they...
  14. Michael Reynolds

is the budgie cage set up so it is high? go back to just keeping his food inside the cage so he has to go in to eat,
  15. Michael Reynolds

Urgent IRN re-homing

These birds have been found a home Carolyn
  16. Michael Reynolds

What to do?

My recommendation as a first stop is the RSPCA have a look on there web site they will come around and see you and check that your place is suitable before you will be allowed one of there birds, but once you have adopted it the bird is yours
  17. Michael Reynolds

Using a fake hand to get birds used to hands?

now who will have one of them, Buster
  18. Michael Reynolds

Indian ringneck parrot

I am not one to cover my birds cages and if I fill the need to I always keep one side open so the bird can see what is going on. ringnecks normally sleep well during the night they do not have panic attacks for no reason,
  19. Michael Reynolds

Using a fake hand to get birds used to hands?

hope its not a real on Ha Ha
  20. Michael Reynolds

Wednesday 16th Octaber

yes I thought I cleared it up when it happened, I don't know what is worst for spreading around the place and finding it in the most unexpected places, sugar or bird seed and food, that's the trouble when the birds have freedom of the home, budgie seed sticks on every thing, Diana, he had to...
Top Bottom