Search results

1. chirpburp

Strange Behaviour HELP!

Heyy Laura!! Bo looks such a joyful bird :feel_loved: Thankyou for sharing with me how you handled Bo's clipped wings! Its a good idea to i should add many perches to help with bastions traveling, I also add ropes i did not think of that! :D
  2. chirpburp

Strange Behaviour HELP!

That sounds like the plan to help with his urge to fly :D Now its time to continue my journey with bastion, Thanks HEAPS for your advice and help Roz !!! :tmnt:
  3. chirpburp

Strange Behaviour HELP!

hey roz thanks for replying with some amazing good advice, this really means alot to me. I really have learnt so much thanks to you and all for helping! If those are your birds they are SO ADORABLE !! :see_hearts: yes, he loves his millets! what i do atm is i open his cage and hold out his...
  4. chirpburp

Strange Behaviour HELP!

bastion*** :')
  5. chirpburp

Strange Behaviour HELP!

i live in Sydney city, my rosella named basion, likes to eat apples and millets those is what i use for his clicker training, berries i will definitely try i did not know he could eat that !
  6. chirpburp

Strange Behaviour HELP!

that sounds like a good idea!! thankyou for so much help and much information micheal! :D. im still waiting on his big cage i ordered online. so after that i wont mind him exploring my room and i will take things slow and let him be. im really looking forward to this. just would love him to be a...
  7. chirpburp

Strange Behaviour HELP!

@micheal hmm yes that sounds about right with the research I've done. i wish Ive known before with his wings being clipped i would not allow it to happen.
  8. chirpburp

Strange Behaviour HELP!

@Tonifrax sorry if ive created some misunderstandings my perception of wild was a bird that is extremely scared... as when we first brought him he was scared ALOT. He was bred and left in captivity with a flock of birds in a big cage. Took him 3weeks to get use to my presents.
  9. chirpburp

Strange Behaviour HELP!

thankyou !! @MellyM i did not know Aussies are lucky till now ! haha XD. My father wanted to buy a rosella for a while as he use to own one when he was a kid. And he did so! He mentioned the owner did not provide much information but "the rosella gets picked on by other birds" in his backyard...
  10. chirpburp

Strange Behaviour HELP!

hey @dianaT i completely agree with you! it is why i want to tame him as i disagree with bird belonging in cages. my father came home with him one night i cannot stand watching him in a cage alone. so far we have been bonding slowly, its his urge to fly really hurts me and I want to fix that.
  11. chirpburp

Strange Behaviour HELP!

yeah my plan was to get him use to my fingers somehow and train him step up when his ready so its easier to put him back in the cage, i wouldnt like to force grab him to do so. he is a very strange bird, he loves to chat with me as well eating some millets i hold but does not like my fingers too...
  12. chirpburp

Strange Behaviour HELP!

Australia ? yes! saying i should pick up some thick wood off my tree ground and place them in his cage? Ive been doing heaps of reasearch and im all ready and fine to take my time and patients with him, just sometimes he tries to fly in his own cage and i feel sooo bad, id love to open his...
  13. chirpburp

Strange Behaviour HELP!

yes for sure thankyou! and ill also have a read to that thread. I took him to a bird trainer school and they said its better to clip his wings while your trying to tame him so they did so. I took him out of the school after four days as i was seeing no progress and thought id try myself. i also...
  14. chirpburp

Strange Behaviour HELP!

I have been trying to tame my wild rosella, birds in cages are not my strong point. I thought I'd ask for some help! this is my first time taming a wild bird. this week I've been trying to get him used to me by having him next to me while study, I've also been hand feeding him millets and using...
Top Bottom