Search results

1. Zooamazons

That's my (user) name..

As I plod through last year's photographs, here are a couple I took in July at Filey Bird Garden to post here as I was admiring some "zoo Amazons". The bench was a welcome albeit temporary addition whilst work on the doubling of the aviary took place (it was completed before the end of the...
  2. Zooamazons

Some more wildlife

A few more pictures from my walks...
  3. Zooamazons

Redshank

I've been reviewing my pictures and this is my favourite wildlife photograph of the year so far...
  4. Zooamazons

Curlew

Two years ago I worked in tthe museums in Hull over winter and frequently saw a curlew on my pre-work potter around the area of the pier. It was a very photogenic bird unlike the ones I see on the rocks north of Bridlington that disappear when anyone gets within about 100 yards of them. To my...
  5. Zooamazons

Dolphins

Looking for dolphins must be like waiting for a bus. After 26 years of not seeing a living cetacean (two porpoises and a Pilot Whale off Scarborough during the same week in 1995) I've now seen dolphins from the cliffs at South Landing north of Bridlington on two successive Sundays. Last Sunday...
  6. Zooamazons

East Yorkshire coastal birds

Inspired by DizzyBlue's pictures from Harwood Dale, here are a few wild birds photographed along the coastal paths north of Bridlington...
  7. Zooamazons

Sewerby Hall & Gardens

A few from the zoo at Sewerby...
  8. Zooamazons

Filey Bird Garden & Animal Park

A few photographs of psittacines at Filey Bird Garden & Animal Park taken on 16th April this year (I've been twice more since then, but haven't reviewed all of the pictures yet), naturally starting with some of Amazons...
  9. Zooamazons

Myfanwy and Kirby

It's over four years since Myfanwy and Kirby went to live at Sewerby Zoo, part of the attraction where I work. They settled in wonderfully and have since been joined by two Orange-winged Amazons and a pair of Blue-fronts. They did not get on with each other when I had them at home, but it's very...
  10. Zooamazons

Introducing Oswald

Back in April I decided that the flat could accommodate a small psittacine, and that a budgie was the obvious and best choice. Off I went to buy a cage, walking instead of cycling as I thought it would be easier to carry one rather than strap it on the carrier on my bike. When I was carrying it...
  11. Zooamazons

New Year Kiss

12. Zooamazons

Wishing Myfanwy Merry Christmas

Christmas Day afternoon...
  13. Zooamazons

More Nose Nibbles From Myfanwy

Saturday afternoon in the Sewerby Zoo kitchen...
  14. Zooamazons

Post Anniversary Myfanwy

Last week Myfanwy didn't disappear down her hole, but flew to the window sill when she saw me in the zoo kitchen. I opened the door and she stepped on to my hand...
  15. Zooamazons

Anniversary

A few days late posting, but last Sunday was the first anniversary of Myfanwy and Kirby packing their bags and going to Sewerby Zoo so I took a few photos (only one poor one of Myfanwy I'm afraid as she disappeared down her hole straight after I'd taken it). The move has been a great success as...
  16. Zooamazons

Chick At The Welsh Mountain Zoo

I was given a special treat at the Welsh Mountain Zoo and got to meet...
  17. Zooamazons

Meeting Paddy At Flamingo Land

I was kindly invited to meet Paddy, a new resident at the Bird Show...
  18. Zooamazons

Lorikeets At Flamingo Land

I'm loving the new Lorikeet exhibit at Flamingo Land...
  19. Zooamazons

Hello Again

Not a new member of course, but saying hello after an unintentional break - having only just got back in action on the forum, I moved on 19th December and had booked an appointment to connect the telephone line and broadband for 4th January. It eventually got done in March at the fourth attempt...
Top Bottom