Search results

1. GerryFero

Anyone would adopt my parrot?

Hi and thank you so much for your reply. I will contact you via message, as I have soooo many questions and still feel so upset at the thought. x
  2. GerryFero

Anyone would adopt my parrot?

Hi all, You may have seen a previous post from me, about my parrot (8 years old, male, orange winged Amazon) being laud and screaming all the time. We tried everything, tried to be patient, tried to paly more, tried to watch videos and tutorials, nothing helped. Do you know of anyone who would...
  3. GerryFero

Friday 30th April

Ahah, maybe! :)I really enjoy being part for this forum, talking to all of you has made me feel heard.
  4. GerryFero

Desperate - may need to give Gerry away

The thing is if I could chose to never have taken him, I would. I have no doubt that I would not want to have taken him. But now he has been in my life I am also attached to him, so is my husband and it's hard to let go. We have no family or friends that would take him as they all hate his...
  5. GerryFero

Ohhh, I am so impressed by all the tricks you taught him! It may be a silly question, but is there some videos or step by step guides on teaching these in a semi-feral parrot? The video I watched always have parrots that are cuddly bears. I am on the spectrum, so following guidelines works best...
  6. GerryFero

Thank you so much. I feel your words really got me. I am so upset and I crying right now. Honestly, it is hard. Maybe I am being stupid, but I feel so desperate as my life is no longer mine and the only time I am happy is when he goes to sleep at night. I try to train everyday but unfortunately...
  7. GerryFero

I doubt he thought it was a game, as he does not like when I leave him, so I know he wanted me back in the room. This technique is from a parrot expert and one that someone in this forum suggested. see, messages are always conflicting, someone will say XY is the thing to do and someone will say...
  8. GerryFero

Thank you a lot. May I please ask you a couple of questions: 1. If he is chewing the sofa, of example, what would be the correct method to make his stop? I tried saying a stern no and he doesn't care, as in he stops for a millisecond that starts again; I tried giving him something else, but he...
  9. GerryFero

Yes, so please, give me an alternative to what could have made him stop, because to be totally honest with you after 10 hours working and one solid hour of him going totally crazy (not cute small screams, full blast window shattering screams) and wasting time going in and out of a room where I...
  10. GerryFero

My parrot is terrified of the spraying bottle anyway. Honestly he is scared of everything. When I need to mist him, I have to put him in his travel cage and do it this way as otherwise he would scream in terror and fly away. Honestly, i tried for years to have him like the misting bottle and yet...
  11. GerryFero

I wish mine was chit chatting ;) I must say if a neighbor of mine had a bird screaming as loud as mine does and for as long as mine does, I would be complaining. That's why I do not put him out as often as I would like to. Honestly he does not do cute chit chatting, he screams as if someone was...
  12. GerryFero

Hi all, Thank you so much for your support and kind words so far. I was going to open a new thread, but since the topic is still the same I think it makes more sense for me to write here. In the last two days Gerry had been better. Today I took him upstairs as I was going to iron. He started to...
  13. GerryFero

Hmm, I still think is not really being considerate when your pet is so loud. I personally would be fuming if there was a dog barking all day. And myself, even though I am the owner, I hate when my parrot screams, so I don't think is really a nice thing for me to place him outside much. Garden...
  14. GerryFero

I put his big cage out when the weather is good, problem is: is so loud I can hear him clearly (and annoyingly) from the inside. I worry one day my neighbors will snap, they are already so tolerant of him :(
  15. GerryFero

It would be great if he could be out by himself, unfortunately, when he is out he goes to chew things (chairs, sofa, books) so needs to be supervised. I also wouldn't want him to poop on our furniture or the floor. When he is out with us we make sure every so often we call him to a perch with a...
  16. GerryFero

Hi and thanks for your words. Yes, what I noticed about this forum is that everyone is so kind and I don't feel judged for how I feel at the moment. It is a very welcoming place and even just getting things off my chest helped me a bit. Ideally, yes, someone coming to mine would have been...
  17. GerryFero

Hi all, thank you so so much for your comments. But is there anyone that could actually help me per my question? I appreciate all the advise but this doesn't actually help, as I pretty much tried everything and read plenty of books about training and obviously I am unable to do it right. My...
  18. GerryFero

I will have a think at this one thanks. But we have had plenty of breaks before, when he goes to my in laws while Nik and I are on holiday. I will think about the permanent rehoming, thanks for offering.
  19. GerryFero

I cannot work when he is in the same room as me, I am a Project Manager, I work with big pharmaceutical companies and part of my role is having a lot of meetings with them to help them run their trials. I cannot risk Gerry flipping and starting to scream, it's not the type of job where him...
  20. GerryFero

In fact Nik, my husband, he's the main carer. He is a saint and spends plenty of time with him. But the thing is that Nik works in an office, while I work at home so I have to deal with 24/7 screaming while he can have a break. I see your point on staying calm, but honestly I'm unable, it hurts...
Top Bottom