Search results

1. Roz

Lord nNelson

:risas3::risas3::risas3:
  2. Roz

Starting off on the right foot with hand shy CAG

Sounds like it was no longer reinforcing at that particular moment to take the treat. Maybe he was full up with them? Maybe he just was not in the mood to take one. Sometimes we get sick of chocolate if we've already been eating a lot of it. Maybe it has become more reinforcing to whack the...
  3. Roz

How To Sprout - Step By Step Guide

Yes, sprouted Sunflower and Safflower are very popular here too. So is soaked Hemp - sadly it no longer sprouts for legal reasons. I put those three on top of the other sprouts to get them interested. I'll add a few sprouted Pumpkin seeds too. Kobe absolutely loves sprouted corn too, but it...
  4. Roz

Thanks, Oli!! :pancarta:
  5. Roz

GREAT!!! I get organic grains and legumes too. Yes, you can sprout the Mung Beans Aduki Beans Green Lentils Brown Lentils Chickpeas Red lentils and the yellow Split Peas won't sprout because they are not whole. Likewise not the Soup Mix because that has Red Lentils in it and may have other...
  6. Roz

Hi everyone!

:welcome: Number8 and Bean! So sorry you are having to go through this. It must be heartbreaking. Which virus did Bean contract, if you don't mind me asking? Try playing with Bean and the toys to get him interested. Also when wrapping treats in paper, etc, make them easy to find at first...
  7. Roz

He should come toward the perch to step up himself (that way he has a choice).... to nudge that choice in your favour, you can lure him with a treat. You can hold the treat just out of reach so that he has to put one foot on the perch to reach it. Next time see if you can get two feet up on...
  8. Roz

Hi to you all

:welcome: Deedee and Eddie from us too!
  9. Roz

Will he? Won't he?...

Thanks everyone! :biggrin: Yes, my arm was aching at the end, Michael! :pancarta: Ollie has tried to preen Kobe so many times in the past and has been rebuffed. Hoping he'll try again, otherwise it is very one sided! :lol: Kobe has never preened a bird in his life before so yes, plumsmum...
  10. Roz

Will he? Won't he?...

... Preen his friend? Ollie and Kobe share some together time. :biggrin:
  11. Roz

Its Quiet...A Little Too Quiet!

Count your blessings... it won't last! :pancarta: But seriously are they tame? Used to people? If not they'll take longer to settle in.
  12. Roz

Well you've got another 4.99kgs to get him used to them!! :biggrin:
  13. Roz

Steam Thread (boring)

Exactly!! :pancarta:
  14. Roz

Time out

Wow - that's brilliant!!!
  15. Roz

Just a picture of our new Burt

:pancarta: Laughing at his eye which keeps opening to check on what you are doing... but too tired to move.
  16. Roz

Steam Thread (boring)

Love it!!! When I saw the title I thought you were going to talk about steam cleaning cages! :pancarta:
  17. Roz

Ooooooooh looks ready to me!
  18. Roz

Complete newbie 💁‍♀️🐦

:welcome: from us too! Little Louie is gorgeous!!! I would keep him in his cage for a little while so that he gets used to you and his surroundings. Also that he gets used to his new cage (if it is new) and feels safe inside. Get a routine going for him so that he knows when to expect his...
  19. Roz

Absolutely - you may be unintentionally teaching him that biting stops the sessions. Turning your back just for a few seconds says enough. More time than that and the reason for turning your back becomes lost. So turn back to him after a couple of seconds, offer the stick again and if he...
  20. Roz

Maybe he was bored with targeting (maybe too much repetition of the same thing)? Next time see if he will travel a longer distance to touch the stick (make him think more). African Grey's are extremely intelligent. Maybe he was tired of banana chips right then (he was happy to take the...
Top Bottom