Search results

1. Judith Boyd

Sunday 13th October

That makes more sense! Sorry!! Wow... Amazing! What a wealth of experience she must have had in her life!!
  2. Judith Boyd

Sunday 13th October

It's a gorgeous poem!! Very wise indeed!!! :D The Amazon was 102? That is a very respectable age!! Oh, to be able to see what she saw!! Beryl sounds like Aku! :see_hearts: :see_hearts: :see_hearts: :see_hearts: I'm glad he changed your life!! :D
  3. Judith Boyd

Sunday 13th October

I'm going to try! :D
  4. Judith Boyd

Sunday 13th October

Thank you Michael! Everything you have said is exactly where we are at. It is wonderful to have the understanding and support here... what an amazing community you have all built!! I'm sorry about your Amazon :( I know now how intensely we become attached to these beautiful, engaging...
  5. Judith Boyd

Sunday 13th October

Morning all! :) Log splitter sound like heaps of fun! :) You will be toasting marshmallows all winter!! ;) It's windy here, but the rain has stopped. I'm trying to do lesson plans I haven't had the heart for all week... We may put Aku's cage in the garage today... there are still seeds scattered...
  6. Judith Boyd

My new baby girl Juno

Oh she is just beautiful!!!! Congratulations!!! xx
  7. Judith Boyd

Inherited Anxious Plucked African Grey

Enjoying nice warm rice and dahl!!! She has stuffed her crop to the brim!!! Whoever suggested offering her our food - good call!!! She also really likes being hand fed!!! Lol... she is soooooo gentle! Hubby really enjoyed feeding her this!!! :Do Xx
  8. Judith Boyd

This little lady would love nothing more than to be stroked ALL day! She had me stroking her for nearly 2 hours last night!!!! Thanks for the reassurance!!! Xx
  9. Judith Boyd

Thanks for that Diana! :) Yes.. She's always had her cage covered... I used some blackout fabric that I have on the front half of the cage & a little round the sides... perhaps that would be too heavy in hot weather.... but I guess in winter will keep her cage nice and warm ! She seems fine...
  10. Judith Boyd

Love it Brenda! That's so cool! I really want to get Aku showering with us / me... but she is not a fan of water at the moment... :/ I have another stupid newbie question... Aku seems to have decided to sleep hanging off the bars at the side of her cage tonight... she's never done this before...
  11. Judith Boyd

She likes my sprouted lentils!!!! :D
  12. Judith Boyd

Goodness - a grey living loose in the UK?!?! I was trying to figure out if you were anywhere near us so I could come see! She has had my boys visiting several times a year for 8 years... although their noise level has obviously grown over time!!! Lol... the boys have always showered her with...
  13. Judith Boyd

She (definitely female as she has previously laid eggs) ate a diet of almost only seeds - sunflower seeds - so diet change is essential... the vet also said to get her diet changed - gradually ... once she has been on a better diet for a while, if we see little / no improvement in her feathers ...
  14. Judith Boyd

I honestly don't know! What do you think? (Cage door is open... she's in there by choice...) Xx
  15. Judith Boyd

That's very interesting!!! She is being uncooperative... foraging at the bottom of her cage just now... (I have fresh food in her larger "day-cage "... but she doesn't know if plan to have her in small cage in bedroom at night and big cage in lounge during the day... and she is not a fan of...
  16. Judith Boyd

Ooh!! Would love to chat to another teacher-parrot owner! I have this crazy idea that if I can get her hand trained (please - any hints?!?!?) I could take her with me a couple of days a week to a spare cage in the staff room... so that she had some more company / interest during term-time! It's...
  17. Judith Boyd

West were always keeping Aku! ;) we were arranging to move house.... glad we don't have to and I can now focus on family, Aku's transition and starting teacher training next week!!! Thanks everyone!!! Xx
  18. Judith Boyd

Oh my gosh!!! They've changed their minds!!!! Agents came through for us!! It'll cost an extra £30 a month ... but woop!!!!!
  19. Judith Boyd

Hey Grumpy! Thanks! Aku did really well at the vet... claws trimmed, weighed (375g) and heartbeat checked (a little irregular ... but may have been the stress) and we had cuddles after while I chatted to the vet... she was a superstar!!! We ALL went to Nandos after Aku sunbathing outside with...
  20. Judith Boyd

Thank you all so much!!! Really great to meet you all!!! Loads of great advice, I'm trying to gradually integrate as much as possible! Thank you !! Yesterday Aku was moving around her cage more confidently than we've seen so far!! It was amazing! Instead of only using 1 or 2 of the "man made"...
Top Bottom