Search results

1. W1tt3rs

Complete newbie πŸ’‍β™€οΈπŸ¦

Michael, I think that's his spot up there. Probably the highest place in our living room.. other than the light shade in the middle of the room itself, I'm sure it's so he can scope everything and one! Hes getting there. His personality is really coming out now.
  2. W1tt3rs

Here he is the little devil.. clicking away and playing peekaboo. Hes flying around now and actually let me pet his wings today before then getting excited and flying about. Here's the start to letting him out daily in the hope he will warm to me!
  3. W1tt3rs

Thank you with that! I will take all the advice given on board and leave him in the cage for at least another week. I have let him out twice, but is a bigger getting back in, I have had to use his perch and gently guide him in.. several attempts i may add so I'll use your advice as guidance. He...
  4. W1tt3rs

Ah sounds as though your shifts are very similar to mine then? What is it you do? At least the shifts work out then. My boyfriend also works similar hours to your other half so it probably wouldn't have been as bad. But I think I need to get my small parrot experience up πŸ˜‚ Ah, not sure I...
  5. W1tt3rs

Yeah, I would be the same. Especially when it would be me putting in the hard work! Haha.. I'd have loved a grey or a macaw but with working shifts myself it wouldn't be fair- although my dog loves the time to herself and the peace and quiet. Any thoughts about when I should give Louie time...
  6. W1tt3rs

Ah makes sense I guess. My mums cockateil loves my dad and will fly to him most of the time, despite my mum doing all the feeding. πŸ˜‚ I will be the one spending most of the time with him and feeding so hoping that helps.
  7. W1tt3rs

I had been told by the woman who owns the aviary that males tend to be more likely to bond with female humans? Is that the case? He is taking food from me when I offer him, so that's a start but as you all say it is still very early days.
  8. W1tt3rs

I have a male Kak. We have called him Louie. I will look at getting him a nest some point tomorrow, I have noticed he likes his rest during points of the day. I have always places a blanket partially over the cage during the night. Thank you for the advice, I'm really excited and hopeful that...
  9. W1tt3rs

Michael Thank you for the reply. I'm hoping that the more knowledgable owners will be able to help with some general advice about taking them etc.
  10. W1tt3rs

Hi all Just recently came across this website -very handy for advice! I've recently homed a true blue Kak and we have named him Louie, I believe he is roughly 4-5months old and a complete nutcase! We've had him now for almost 2 days and despite being fairly impatient, I am trying my best to...
Top Bottom