Search results

1. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

😄

2. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Saturday 12th December

Morning all, Its potentially warmer and sunnier this weekend so laundry in the machine and plans to catch up on outside jobs. Yesterday Dora had an exciting day - out twice just to sit in the car and two trips in her carry case first to go post Christmas cards and then again to collect our...
  3. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Sunday 22nd November

Morning all from a crispy, frosty France. Must go and see to the chickens feed and water in a mo, but its really chilly and I'm waiting for the sun to peep over the treetops first. Hopefully it will be a bit warmer this afternoon and we can venture out to the back where it is sheltered and Im...
  4. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Tuesday 3rd November

Hello everyone, well I am wondering what happened in the @Yellowchickenparrot household yesterday! and @dianaT I hope hubby is feeling better - I am always paranoid about sheathing my scythe blade as soon as Ive finished using it. I have heard that some of the (legal) CBD oils can help as...
  5. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Tuesday 13th October

Cold and bright yesterday, cold and wet today! My husbands car is back on the road so we took Dora for a ride yesterday (many excited squeaks and she dived straight into the Pac o Bird when she realised we were ALL going out). The garden centre that was advertising sharon fruit tress...
  6. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Saturday 29th August

Morning all, its been misty and cooler for a couple of days here which is very welcome but no rain to speak of, but first thing in the morning it is pretty fresh and what my grandmother called "hoppickinny weather". They say here that once the weather is on the turn you need to wear many layers...
  7. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Tuesday 28 July

Hello folks - it seems very quiet on the site today! Hope you are all OK. After a very hot night we have a cooler cloudy day with very light , but very welcome rain. I hope it greens things up a bit - even the thyme plants are all crinkled up and brown. As I noted a few days ago I washed my car...
  8. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Friday 17th July

Good morning all, Another dry day here but cloudy - however the grass is beginning to turn brown and crispy, and the water butt is empty, but I am sitting with a soggy Dora on my shoulder though as she has decided its her fortnightly bathday. Working in the garden I notice that this year we...
  9. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Tuesday 9th June

hello all, I can't see another thread for today so here goes. We had storms here last night but anticipated getting out for a bike ride today.... rain this morning though so Dora came with me on a 2nd unsuccessful trip to the post office (office closed for anything except parcel collections!)...
  10. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Kakapos being monitored by drones

I saw this in the paper today, thought othets might like to see it too. Track a kākāpō? New Zealand's precious parrot under drone eye https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/04/track-a-kakapo-new-zealands-precious-parrot-under-drone-eye?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard
  11. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wednesday 15th April

Good morning all, Sunny again here and we need some rain! the water butt is already empty and we should set up some new ones but cant get them from the recycling depot until lockdown finishes. I hope your PIP assessment goes OK @MichaelReynolds - I have two friends (1 OT and 1Physio) who both...
  12. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

New friend

Much larger than the usual sand lizards we see, this little chap is quite bold!
  13. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Sunday 5th April 2020

Good morning all, a fine and sunny day ahead for most I think. Yesterday was quiet and peaceful here, and I had a long conversation with my friend whose husband died...apparently as this was not covid related they allowed her and their 3 daughters to be at the hospital - and having already...
  14. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wednesday 11th March

Morning everyone, a grey and gloomy morning here in Kent but less windy. Im clearing the kitchen cupboards - although most stuff went with the removal people there still seems to be a lot, but it should all fit in the car - I need to do a trip to the charity shop and the tip. Im glad we are...
  15. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Monday 2nd March

Morning all, its been throwing it down here this morning and now the sun has come out for a moment (but doesnt look like it will last for long). My husband left at 6 to drive back to the UK for his last trip. We always allow Dora to see that we are going and say goodbye, so she doesnt just wake...
  16. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wednesday 19th Feb

Hello everyone, another bright but chilly day here, so have the heating on - poor Dora is moulting and is all spiky around her neck and cheeks, but still wants scritches, I just have to be careful not to catch the new pin feathers. She seems to have lost some smaller wing feathers symmetrically...
  17. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wednesday 29th January

Morning all, A bright and calm (almost sunny) day after having had lashing rain (interspersed with drizzle) yesterday whilst the removal company were here. Dora supervised when she could and scolded from her cage when she couldnt see what was going on - Still its all in, nothing seems to be...
  18. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Saturday 4th January

Morning folks, I'm so pleased that your wound is healing quickly @Michael Reynolds - keep up the good work, and @Eddie I hope Eddie improves quickly too. A dank and damp day here yesterday, went for a regular mammogram screening and was feeling amused thinking that people in the waiting room...
  19. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Boxing Day

Good morning everyone and happy Boxing Day Some lovely messages yesterday and I wish you all well and hope you have all survived Christmas without a hangover. It was a sunny day and we were in the garden pottering and rearranging the garage and shed - we know how to enjoy ourselves! Neighbours...
  20. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Sunday 22nd December

Morning all, a quiet spell after a night of wind and rain, but nothing like in the UK, Hope you didnt have to evacuate with the birds @Michael Reynolds. I will be dooing our shopping tomorrow - at least France doesnt seem to go overboard about buying everything "in case" and so far in advance...
Top Bottom