Search results

1. denzarki

Hello, Been a while

Thank you all. Brilliant as always. I have talked about how he plays with her because she likes destroying tissue but it's reinforced into her that any tissue is fair game and there's been times she's flown at my face for instance when blowing my nose. Ive found it over the years to be...
  2. denzarki

Hello, Been a while

I should stress she's usually very tame, we've been through years of getting her to where she is. But yea this spring has been a bad one and seems to be stretching on longer and longer lol
  3. denzarki

Hello, Been a while

Hi guys, I'm sorry I've not been around for a long time, I usually use tapatalk app for this forum but it logged me out and I can't get back in so I've had to come back on the browser. Wanted you all to know we're getting on well during the pandemic although as I'm sure a few of you have...
  4. denzarki

Day one of pellets

She's really taken to the pellet diet and I like it because I can tell what she's eating.. With the seed she super selectively eats and because she leaves all the shells in the bowl I can't tell whats been eaten.. The next step in this pellet diet though is to put the seed into foraging toys so...
  5. denzarki

Day one of pellets

Here's a photo Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  6. denzarki

Day one of pellets

Just an update for you all, echo has been on the pellet (plus veg) since the start of this thread (just over a week?) she eats between 20-32g a day after weighing. I weighed her the other day and she actual was 2g heavier so I guess she likes the pellets haha.. Although I weighed her after she...
  7. denzarki

Day one of pellets

I work as a software tester now.. Sometimes called a QA or software analyst. Basically I work for a software company. The software developers make software and I test it against its spec and try to break it or find bugs. So that when it gets to the customer as many bugs as possible are ironed...
  8. denzarki

Day one of pellets

So this is the second full day on pellets (plus a bowl of veg) She ate 23g today of the recommended 40g (and remember that's recommended without the extra veg) I weighed her and.. Well she's heavier than day one [emoji23] so I must have got an inaccurate weight on day one (the scales did die...
  9. denzarki

Day one of pellets

I'm looking forward to moving house so we can train her to be on a flight harness and get some good exercise. For now she never gets locked up so has free reign of the house. She flies between rooms. And we take her into the corridor every now and then for a longer uninterrupted fight Sent from...
  10. denzarki

Day one of pellets

Okay so reporting in. She's eaten 15g of the 40g portion.. So she knows it's food she's just being stubborn. She also ate all her veg (of which I put extra out for her cos I felt mean) as we speak she's just gone back down to the bowl now and has started eating it.. She's taken it to her water...
  11. denzarki

Day one of pellets

I appreciate your advice honestly. I'll weigh it a few times tomorrow and then make a decision. I love echo and just want whats best for her Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  12. denzarki

Day one of pellets

I honestly think she'll pick out the seed and ignore the pellets.. Just trying out the methods on the bag.. I'll weigh the bowl tomorrow and then consider mixing, to be honest the seed mix I got her last time she don't like too much anyway so she has lost a little weight since the vets (I think...
  13. denzarki

Day one of pellets

Oh and as usual she has a bowl of mixed veg too so she won't starve but I don't want her to just eat the veg to avoid the pellets Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  14. denzarki

Day one of pellets

So after visiting the Avian vet, we've decided to try echo on the pellet diet.. She's 400gr he said he wants her at 350gr Ive decided to go the cold turkey route.. Got her the roudybush california mix (got some fruit and veg in it) She went to her bowl tonight.. Routed around then looked at me...
  15. denzarki

Echo's first vet visit

She's on seed and veg at the moment but he has suggested a pellet.diet so we're going to try and ween her onto that, he said the benefit then is that seed can be used to encourage foraging etc. She's 414g and he said ideally he'd like to see her at 350g The flannel, she flies and lands on it...
  16. denzarki

Echo's first vet visit

It's been a long time coming but we finally got echo in to see Richard at avs He said she's looking really good and we've done a really good job with her. We always though she was a nervous bird but he said she's super relaxed. She's overweight but he said it would be really surprising to have...
  17. denzarki

Carry cage for echo

Hmm good point, it does look cloth.. However I don't think she's one to chew through something like that.. She's not much of an explorer.. I think we'll just have to try out and and keep an eye on her, she'll be supervised the whole time as one of us will be driving the other will be looking...
  18. denzarki

Carry cage for echo

Think I'm going to go with this one.. It's roughly the size that kendra listed but also collapsible for easy storage in our little flat.. There's customer pictures of it with large cats happily curled up in a ball in them so should be big enough for echo and plenty of visibility for her to look...
  19. denzarki

Carry cage for echo

Thanks for the information and reassurance, I'll get a cat box.. Going to be fun getting her in there lol She goes for her 1st vet visit on Sat 5th October. We're going to the Northwich place that everyone recommends, going to be fun getting her in the box and I hope he knows how to deal with...
  20. denzarki

Carry cage for echo

I've seen a couple of people say cat carrier on this thread, so you have to retrofit a perch or will she be okay for 30min to an hour journey without a perch? Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Top Bottom