Search results

1. denzarki

Hello, Been a while

Hi guys, I'm sorry I've not been around for a long time, I usually use tapatalk app for this forum but it logged me out and I can't get back in so I've had to come back on the browser. Wanted you all to know we're getting on well during the pandemic although as I'm sure a few of you have...
  2. denzarki

Day one of pellets

So after visiting the Avian vet, we've decided to try echo on the pellet diet.. She's 400gr he said he wants her at 350gr Ive decided to go the cold turkey route.. Got her the roudybush california mix (got some fruit and veg in it) She went to her bowl tonight.. Routed around then looked at me...
  3. denzarki

Echo's first vet visit

It's been a long time coming but we finally got echo in to see Richard at avs He said she's looking really good and we've done a really good job with her. We always though she was a nervous bird but he said she's super relaxed. She's overweight but he said it would be really surprising to have...
  4. denzarki

Carry cage for echo

So we're taking echo to the Avian vets soon and I need to get her a carry cage. Are the backpacks any good that I've got a picture of below? If not could I have some suggestions? :D Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  5. denzarki

Budgie Found In Aspinal

See photo Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  6. denzarki

Possibly Moving House

So me and connor went on a house viewing this morning in Buxton. We really love the house, it's 3 bedroom (which we don't need but it's the same price as 2 beds which is what we want so may aswell) so plenty of space. Our current rent is £400 a month because we're in council flats. That also...
  7. denzarki

Echo Random Alarm Calling

Okay so, I don't post often so I should first say echo is no where near as troublesome as she used to be. She doesn't yell constantly anymore, she hardly ever bites unless she's throwing a tantrum (and then she barely breaks the skin so she's pulling her punches) and she's what I would now call...
  8. denzarki

Brave Pigeons

Over Easter weekend I imagine the pigeons didn't get much to eat so when me and connor went for lunch they got very brave. Thought my fellow bird lovers would enjoy these videos, me and connor love pigeons but most people who saw us that day probably thought we were weirdos Sent from my...
  9. denzarki

Gauging Compatibility Between Parrots

Hey, so we've had echo for over 2 years now and I think she's happy. We're not perfect bird owners but we treat her the best we can and she likes us (I think lol) shes gone from semi tame to tame with us. Ive always wanted to get her a friend though to keep her company when me and connor are...
  10. denzarki

Tropical Fish Question

I know a few on here keep fish or have kept fish in the past and for some reason it won't let me post on my fish forum so wondering if anyone can answer my bizarre question here lol I've heard of swords delaying revealing their gender but can they change gender once it's been decided? This...
  11. denzarki

New Food Ideas

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in ages. Everyone is fine and happy, echo hasn't picked up any words yet and after 2 years I don't think she will be any time soon lol.. Though she has started to come to me when I call to her so that's something new at least. Anyway, the topic on hand.. Food...
  12. denzarki

Uneven Tail (still)

So a while back I made a post about echo's tail feathers having malted and she only had 1 or 2 and was told they should usually be symmetrical and they do shed fully and grow back. Well recently her tail has come back out but it's still uneven and there are a couple of scruffy feathers. Is this...
  13. denzarki

Time For An Update

Hey guys, not been on for a while so thought I'd check in with how things are going. Echo is as loud and obnoxious as always. I don't understand where her allegiances lie in the house, she's loud and attempts to talk to connor. Yells when he is out the room (not like she used to, just one yell)...
  14. denzarki

Aggression Or Play?

Sorry for not posting in a while, we're all fine. Got a question today about echo's behaviour. She has a thing about bottles, she will try to attack them if Connor is holding them. He makes annoying noises with them and so I think that's what gets her attention but she will attack them if he's...
  15. denzarki

Would Echo And A Cockatiel Work?

All in the title really, we want another bird to keep echo company. We made a mistake last year of getting a budgie as some will remember and echo didn't like it too much, well to be honest we're not sure if she wanted to play with it or eat it. I always wanted a cockatiel and wondering is...
  16. denzarki

What A Relief

Hi all, not posted in a while about echo (only posted about my fundraising) so thought I'd give a bit of an update. And as the title says "what a relief" I've got cuddly echo back, she's finally out of her hormonal stage, it seemed to go on alot longer this year! Is everyone else's birds...
  17. denzarki

She Will Eat Healthy!

Actually found some human food echo will eat that isn't bad for her! I bought some clementines for myself as I've had one in my life when I was a kid and that's it and I liked them. And so did echo! Which is a miracle and worth sharing because she'll only usually accept fatty human food lol...
  18. denzarki

How Head Scratches Work

How head scratches work Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  19. denzarki

Baby Pigeon

Saw a baby pigeon (left) and it's mamma today, never seen one in person before. Had to change the exposure in this picture so you can actually see them Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  20. denzarki

Tail Feather Gap

I know it's normal for parrots to shed feathers but is losing the middle section of her tail something to worry about? Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Top Bottom