Search results

1. Lisa7284

Chewy, My Beautiful Boy Has Gone.

I am so sorry for your loss. Fly high Chewy over the rainbow bridge with my Alfie xxx
  2. Lisa7284

Tomsmum - Judith Templeman

Heartbreaking news, Jude was a truly lovely person. Thank you Jude for always being so supportive, kind and thoughtful xxx
  3. Lisa7284

Goodbye My Precious Little Green Gremlin

Today at 5pm Alfie took his last breath and left us. I should have been prepared but I just couldn't bear the thought of losing him. I knew it would be painful to say goodbye but my heart is truly broken. Over the rainbow bridge with you my precious, feisty, stubborn little gremlin. I hope you...
  4. Lisa7284

Urgent Advice Please- Alfie Is Sick

@DizzyBlue :lol::lol: His ate a lot yesterday. Chicken, pear, apple, carrot, pepper and some baby parrot food. Drank lots just before bed so I didn't disturb him much last night. He was far more active yesterday evening and last night but then today he has gone back to sleeping quite a bit. He...
  5. Lisa7284

Yes, he had a crop swab on Wednesday, I am assuming that is what he was testing for but I will check with him later. Yesterday the vet said he wanted me to try Alfie with some chicken and egg today. He ate some chicken for breakfast so I will try him with egg later today. It was nice to see him...
  6. Lisa7284

Lolly

I am so very sorry Lou. You gave her an amazing home. Fly high and free beautiful Lolly xxx Sending hugs Lou xx
  7. Lisa7284

@DizzyBlue Don't be sorry, it could have been a possibility and is something else we have crossed off. Plus it is something for me to be aware of in the future. I regularly check Bear for ticks but it has never occurred to me to check Alfie before. I really want to get to the bottom of his...
  8. Lisa7284

I really do appreciate all the advice and support I have gotten from you all. I don't think other people realise the relationship we develop with our feathered friends or how scary it is when they get ill. I read so many horror stories online when I was looking for ways to help him that I think...
  9. Lisa7284

Aawww, thank you @Michael Reynolds I do feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders today and what I am doing seems to be working and there is nothing I am not doing (if that makes sense). I just wish I knew what has caused him to become ill. We keep going over everything but until we...
  10. Lisa7284

Thank you @TomsMum, I think because he showed so much improvement yesterday I had it in my mind we were out of the danger zone and that sick feeling I have had since Tuesday went. I let myself believe he wasn't going to die so when he then went down hill again it got too much. Plus I don't...
  11. Lisa7284

Hi everyone, After this morning I ended up sitting on the floor and crying my eyes out (not enough sleep methinks). I made an emergency appointment with the vet. Mum was worried the journey would kill him but to be honest last night I felt like I was watching him slowly die and really began to...
  12. Lisa7284

On the plus side his poop has lightened, is more wet, no yellow or brown- greener and more formed . Although I think I am clutching at straws. He had a bit of formula food, but he gets so aggressive with the spoon (just charged the door). On the one hand I think maybe having the energy to...
  13. Lisa7284

I have asked the vet about the results because I don't think his medication is working. The vet checked him for bites/ parasites. He should get back to me soon.
  14. Lisa7284

Not very good. I am at a loss what to do. He seemed to be far more alert yesterday afternoon. He was awake for most much of it. He was eating about a teaspoon of baby food every 3 hours, eating some grapes and reluctantly drinking honey water. And then about 11.30pm it is like someone put a pin...
  15. Lisa7284

There are cats outside but he wouldn't be able to see them from where his cage is and the window shutters are closed at night. He does have occasional night terrors where he screams but hasn't had one for a while. His drooping wing came after he got sick. I did think maybe he was feeling sick...
  16. Lisa7284

Vet told me not to panic too much about the fainting. He said until his strength returns I can expect this to happen. His poop isn't normal.but he said it is unlikely to be normal for a while due to the medication and change in diet. He is very happy for me to give Alfie baby parrot food,. He...
  17. Lisa7284

He has had his antibiotic injection. I tried feeding him from a spoon afterwards but quite frankly he is livid and has now taken ownership of the spoon. I don't want him to waste any more of his energy so I will wait until he is asleep before I go on a spoon recovery mission. Sent pictures of...
  18. Lisa7284

Barbie's Babies 2019

They are adorable :emoji_heart_eyes:
  19. Lisa7284

Alfie collapsed about 20 minutes ago, he is sleeping now. I am hoping he just over exerted himself this morning with his outburst at the spoon.
  20. Lisa7284

Thanks @DizzyBlue He has also pooped during the night. It still doesn't look normal but I was freaking out yesterday evening he had only pooped once. I read that not pooping can be a sign of severe dehydration. So I rang his vet (poor man, think I must have rung him 8 times yesterday but he...
Top Bottom