Search results

1. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Christmas tree

Branches of viburnum, a jute owl, garlands of plaited brown paper spiked with chicken feathers and some ribbon, with figures knitted by my mother in law in the 1970s!
  2. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Thursday 5th December

A beautiful mistily pink and frost rimed morning here in Kent, and the same in France I believe - husband says his feet poked out of the (short) bed last night and now hurt with cold. Having spent a week packing boxes ( over 30 so far), ready for a removal company in January my husband phoned to...
  3. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Sunday 27th October +]/kkkkkkkyd

"+]/kkkkkkkyd" is Doras contribution to todays thread as she walked across the keyboard before I started! Good morning all and it sounds as though th euK is due for a spell of finer but colder weather. Now the clocks have changed it is much better - I am not keen on the dark mornings and was...
  4. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Parrot stand £40 - Ash near Deal, Kent

My sister in law sent me this link this morning, a friend of hers is selling this stand and she though it would be good for Dora - I explained that Dora is free flying around the house and that unless shut in her cage for safety she is usually velcroed to one of us. Sorry about the fuzzy photo.
  5. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wildlife In France

Well tonight I managed to get a 3 minute video of the snake - definitely a grass snake, 84 cm long so quite likely a female and living in a hole in the bank behind the house. Apparently they are in decline but as they lay eggs in July we may find more in 6 - 8 weeks time!
  6. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Tuesday 18th June

I hope the impending storms dont affect any of you. It was very hot here yesterday and forecast to be so again this afternoon, yet warm and humid at the moment. Dora is fascinated by a plant label - desperately wanted it so its been soaked and cleaned with F10 before she can have it, of course...
  7. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Monday 10th June 2019

Hello everyone, I understand the UK is chilly and wet (husband in Kent says the heating came on this morning!) - its mild and not very inspiring out there today so will crack on with decorating this morning - also going to bottle cherries and, despite the chickens thinking the rockery is their...
  8. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Friday 31st May

End of May already and where has that time gone? Wall to wall sunshine today and 30 degrees forecast for the weekend. I am planning on going walking with a club tomorrow and need to get a sun hat so off to the market this morning. Whilst I have some shorts here, its not fair on the public to...
  9. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Mosquito Repellent

It's now getting to the time when the midges and mozzies are around... I have never been one for using sprays etc and eat loads of Marmite which helps repel bitey things. In the past I have used citronella oil but not sure if that is parrot safe? Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations...
  10. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Warning

Hello all, Just a warning that someone has hacked into my email account , possibly from gaining access to a site like this - I received it immediately after an email link from here- if anyone receives an email from themselves do not open it but delete it and delete again from the trash box.
  11. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Wednesday 13th March

Morning all, Chilly and wet to start with and sunny now, but still cold. However it will soon warm up a bit and the trees are coming into leaf. I hope everyone is feeling better - its true that what you eat affects how you feel Nigel but those cream eggs are hard to resist! Have a good day.
  12. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Monday 11th February

Good morning everyone, a bright morning here and I think for many of you too after last weeks storm. Despite eating well yesterday (which would usually mean she wouldnt bother so much with her food much today), Dora seems to feel her throat has been cut overnight and is on an eating spree...
  13. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Hello

Hi, Dora our Senegal has been with us from the age of 8 months - she survived being in a pet area of a garden centre, and even though we had not previously had a parrot felt we could offer her a better home. She now rules the household, and manages to keep us under control most of the time. We...
Top Bottom