Search results

1. Ararajuba

All I want for Christmas...

Christmas wish list Some things I would like to get this or some other Christmas, not things I am necessarily expecting to receive. Others are welcome to follow suit, or post what they are actually hoping or expecting to receive - it's up to you! Could definitely do with a medieval-style...
  2. Ararajuba

A Birdy Visitor...

He's been coming every day for the last month or so to sit on the kennel fence and scream at us for a while to let us know he is there, while taking a look at the dog's bowl to see if she left any bits of food for him. He's very camera shy, so it took ages to get an acceptable picture, but the...
  3. Ararajuba

Disappearing Links

Anyone know why the links have disappeared in this thread that I posted a few months back? https://theparrotclub.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/my-new-toy-a-short-story-some-pictures-and-a-big-thanks-to-the-wife.33617/ I have no way of checking on the images (perhaps they expired eventually...
  4. Ararajuba

Experience With Lories?

I'd be interested to hear about the experiences of members with the Lory family; particularly with regard to their qualities as pets, but also what they are like to keep in general. A few questions that occur: Are their care/hygeine needs significantly greater than other parrots in practice...
  5. Ararajuba

Treating Scaly Face Mites?

I thought our new budgie's feet were just mucky when we got him, but they don't seem to be improving, and I'm noticing signs of scaliness around his beak and cere, which seem to be worsening. He's been looking a bit more fluffed than usual over the last day or two, as well, though he still seems...
  6. Ararajuba

Cockatiels Fighting?

The MIL has just been badgering the wife today over the phone as she's quite concerned about one of her cockatiels. Mrs A is in no way an expert on cockatiels and is getting a bit fed up with hearing about it, so I wondered if anyone here has ideas. The situation is this: The MIL has had 3...
  7. Ararajuba

Our New Puppy

We obtained a new puppy today. First photo follows. She seems to like her new crate and is just settling down there at the moment. Anyone know what breed she is? She was a very confident little thing when marching around with her siblings, and happily came straight up to us to say hello. Her...
  8. Ararajuba

Female Bird Mounting

Dido has just spent the last 30 minutes chasing Vivi around the cage trying to mount her, in between bouts of regurgitating for her (which she doesn't really want), and holding her down with one foot to try to forcibly preen her. Vivi doesn't look best pleased about the situaton, and keeps...
  9. Ararajuba

Some Pictures From The Local Zoo (mostly Birdies)

Many of our pictures from our zoo visit this afternoon didn't come out very well because the wife's camera prefers to auto-focus on wire and random foreground objects rather than the actual subject of the picture. I think next time we go, we will have to take the Nikon, which has manual focus...
  10. Ararajuba

Guard Dogs

We are hoping to be out of our little apartment within about 6 weeks or so, as our new house is progressing and really ought to be finished quite soon, despite the builder being slow. It should be between 1-2 months in any case, unless there are many more unforseen delays. We've been giving...
  11. Ararajuba

Meet Djanira

The in-laws became fed up with having to constantly evict her from their pool, which she was determined to move into, so they decided to keep her instead. The MIL named her, after some obscure female writer she liked. We naturally have no idea whether Djanira is actually a he or a she. Anyway...
  12. Ararajuba

A New Puppy

When we went to the in-laws' for New Year's Day, we saw that they have already acquired a replacement for their little Yorkshire terrier, who sadly passed away on Boxing day. She's a little Dachshund girl named Emily, here being held by the MIL, her proud new co-human (the other being the wife's...
  13. Ararajuba

Rest In Peace Tutu

The in-laws' Yorkshire Terrier, Tutu, passed away earlier today. She'd been undergoing treatment over the last few months for Leishmaniasis, which she must have caught earlier in the year, and its associated effects. Although the disease itself was eradicated by the treatment, she was left in a...
  14. Ararajuba

Pondering A Pionus

It looks like we will soon be leaving our little apartment for a proper house, with a decent amount of space and some land - much better than living here. We're not exactly sure of the timescale, but are presently hoping to be out of here by the end of the year, maybe sooner if all goes to plan...
  15. Ararajuba

Rare Birdies Can Be Just As Naughty As Common Ones!

The breeder we got the girls from has quite a few videos up showing him interacting with his birds. I couldn't resist sharing these two. Some of the rarest and most beautiful small conures, but oh, so naughty! I'm still tempted to get some in future though, in the probably forlorn hope that ours...
  16. Ararajuba

Caption Competition #63

Rules: 1) Each person entering can submit up to two captions for the following picture. 2) I will be judging these in about a week's time. 3) The person who provides the winning caption gets to submit the photo to begin next week's competition. 3) There will be first, second, and third places...
  17. Ararajuba

Caption Competition #60

Since DianaT is indisposed at present, I'm carrying on the competition. Rules: 1) Each person entering can submit up to two captions for the following picture. 2) I will be judging these in about a week's time. 3) The person who provides the winning caption gets to submit the photo to begin...
  18. Ararajuba

Top Ten Naughty Behaviours Of Your Birds?

In no particular order: 1) Throwing stuff to the floor - Mummy's makeup mirror, clothes pegs, their bath, pretty much anything they can drag or carry to the edge of objects they are perched on. It seems they like to see stuff crash and hopefully bounce on the hard tiled floor, even though they...
  19. Ararajuba

What Other Birds (not Parrots) Do You Have Or Want?

We don't have any non-parrot birds ourselves, only our little conure girls, but we might get something in future, especially if we move to somewhere more spacious than our little apartment, which we are hoping to do before too long. The birds we are most interested in at present are: Certain...
  20. Ararajuba

Male Cockatiel Harassing Female

The in-laws are wanting to buy our spare cage so that they can use it to separate the mother-in-law's cockatiels, whose behaviour is problematic at the moment. I just wondered whether anyone (especially if they know cockatiels) has any ideas about this behaviour: There are three cockatiels in...
Top Bottom