Search results

1. Lisa7284

Goodbye My Precious Little Green Gremlin

Today at 5pm Alfie took his last breath and left us. I should have been prepared but I just couldn't bear the thought of losing him. I knew it would be painful to say goodbye but my heart is truly broken. Over the rainbow bridge with you my precious, feisty, stubborn little gremlin. I hope you...
  2. Lisa7284

Urgent Advice Please- Alfie Is Sick

Please, any advice would be appreciated. Alfie is sick. I have spent the afternoon desperately looking for an avian vet and have found one a few hours ago. They do not have an emergency/ out of hours clinic- no one does! I have booked an appointment with a bird clinic in Murcia (about 3 hours...
  3. Lisa7284

Advice/ Suggestions Needed

I have a stinky dog. God love him he is clean but in this heat is sweats and SMELLS! I have tried a few natural air-fresheners in the past but they were fruit based- I can't used anything that will attract flies, insects or vermin. Has anyone got any recommendations for a strong natural air...
  4. Lisa7284

Introducing Bear...

So here he is, our Bear This picture makes him look a lot smaller than he is- he is BIG. He is also scarily thin- he has this massive head and broad shoulders but then his middle is horrifically tiny. When we first contacted the lady who was desperately trying to find him a home she told us he...
  5. Lisa7284

What Are Your Must-haves?

I have recently read a few comments on here about what can be given to your parrot if they are feeling under-the-weather. It has got me thinking about Alfie's VERY basic First Aid Box. I would always take Alfie to an Avian vet but I thought I should probably have some supplies in for him. What...
  6. Lisa7284

Cage Backgrounds...

Oblivious to my pleas and begging Alfie is refusing to give up on his decorating of the wall. This parrot-Picasso thinks that if he see a wall he must create a masterpiece and cover it! So I have been looking at possible backs to his cage and came across a company which make customised laminated...
  7. Lisa7284

The World Always Manages To Balance Things Out....

@TomsMum Yes, I may be surrounded by beautiful mountains, yes the sun may always be shining and yes I haven't seen rain for weeks but don't you worry, I am surrounded by these:
  8. Lisa7284

Log Burners- Safe?

Sorry if this has been asked before. In our new home we have a lovely log burner in our downstairs sitting room (this is where Alfie lives and we spend most of our time). Whilst the days are still warm here the nights are cold. This evening we lit our first fire. I put Alfie's cage is a...
  9. Lisa7284

Pictures Of Our New Home....

As promised some pictures of our new home (complete with blue skies and beautiful sunshine)...
  10. Lisa7284

I'm A Bit Worried About Alfie...

I am a bit worried about Alfie. I have spent most of the morning looking at parrot sites for signs of illness. Since moving I would say he gets more sleep than ever. I go to bed much earlier and our house doesn't have curtains on the windows but heavy shutters which when closed makes the room...
  11. Lisa7284

A Quick Question About Water....

With our water in Spain we have to put softening salt in the system every 3 months. We drink bottled water and so does Alfie. I also wash all his fruit and veg in bottled water. Yesterday mum came outside whilst I was showering Alfie...also with bottled water. She seems to think this is a bit...
  12. Lisa7284

Alfie Arrived Safe And Sound But Now Is Wondering What An Earth Is Going On....

Alfie arrived safe and sound in Spain. The ferry journey went smoothly and he did not seem at all stressed. They don't let you visit as often as I would have liked (first visit 9pm/ second visit 8am). I was not the only anxious parrot owner and met a couple with an African Grey and a guy with an...
  13. Lisa7284

Alfie Flirted His Way Through His Examination...watch Out Spain!

Alfie's lab results came back and he is clear! Last night my mum took him for his vet visit (I never take him as I don't what him to associate anything negative with me). Not sure if you can recommend vets on here so I wont mention her name but his vet was AMAZING! Usually Alfie hates going to...
  14. Lisa7284

Losing The Plot!

Just when I thought Alfie was all sorted- taking him to Spain has become a logistical nightmare! :emoji_tired_face:When I first started looking into taking Alfie to Spain I looked on many forums to see exactly what needed to be done from people who had gone through the process. But all I really...
  15. Lisa7284

Cites? So Clueless!

So I am just in the process of organising my vet visit for Alfie. I have spoken to DEFRA who have emailed me the certificate and paperwork the vet needs to sign. It turns out not all avian vets are certified to do this so I am having to take Alfie to a different vet- I have chosen the closest...
  16. Lisa7284

Travel Advice Needed... Also Am I Being Unreasonable?

Hiya everyone, Sorry I have not been around for ages (life got a bit crazy). Next month I will be moving with my mum to live in Spain. It turns out that the most difficult part of moving has been working out how to move the little green gremlin- it has led to a few arguments between me and most...
  17. Lisa7284

Not Posted For Ages But Need Some Seagull Advice

Hi all, Not been on the forum for a while but need some advice on seagulls. I am having issues with problem humans that are bothering poor seagulls! In the Industrial Estate near to where I live you can find seagulls. They have lived there for years and years and nest on the rooftops of the...
  18. Lisa7284

Sharp Beak...

Just a quick question about 'beak maintenance.' The tip of Alfie's beak is so sharp it is becoming a problem. He is scratching up my arms and legs constantly and bless him all he is doing is climbing on me. Is there any way to blunt the end just a bit- anything I can put in his cage that will...
  19. Lisa7284

Kizzy And I Made A Little Friend On Our Walk...

Sorry about the quality of the picture (top left) but this little guy seemed to follow us for about 5 minutes...
  20. Lisa7284

Can Being Hormonal Affect A Parrot's Appetite?

Alfie is hormonal at the moment (oh the fun  :wall: ) but I have also noticed he is eating less. He is eating and is always very interested in what others are eating but the amount he is eating is less. I was just wondering if this could be something to do with his hormones?
Top Bottom