Search results

1. dianaT

Saturday 24th October 2020

Was it some sort of Morse Code :egypt: well done Dora, but sorry don't understand a word. xxx
  2. dianaT

Maybe we shall see you next year
  3. dianaT

Good morning everyone, sorry to hear you've had a rotten cold @DizzyBlue they can really make you feel rough. The cleaning fairies are on lock down here too not seen them since I don't know when.:buenrollo: Dreadful weather heavy rain and strong winds forecast all day too. Wales now in...
  4. dianaT

Getting a new parrot

Never heard of them had a look at their website, not a registered charity but that doesn't mean much. Have you looked at their terms & conditions plus 'membership'. Due to forum rules I will have to delete their name as we have a policy of not naming parrot rescues.
  5. dianaT

Getting a new parrot

Is it a rescue or RSPCA coming to home check you. If a rescue take care as some are better than others and some want overall constant control plus a yearly sub from you and often spur of the moment check ups (not all are like that) . RSPCA do not do that.
  6. dianaT

Getting a new parrot

I quite agree only buy a bird you can go and see. Also you risk being sold an untame aviary bird. Have you thought to look at the RSPCA they often have parrots needing a good home.
  7. dianaT

Getting another parrot

Never buy a bird like that, you should always go see it first. There are many scams.
  8. dianaT

clever, but doesn't play with toys

I can only say all my birds have always have food available 24/7 plus of course water, they eat what they want when they want but we all do things differently.
  9. dianaT

clever, but doesn't play with toys

Dear Pika he sounds like he is doing well and has his routine. I would not worry about him not playing with toys, he may do one day though.
  10. dianaT

Thursday 22nd October

Good morning a sunny one down here but still very damp underfoot. So far hubbys using the velcro knee braces which hold the kneecaps in place and hasn't need his walking stick so much. He has said in each room he will always leave it in the same place so he knows where it is....last night he...
  11. dianaT

Getting another parrot

Lotty is gorgeous. As for UV lights many members use those and will be along with advice, but I don't think they need to be on all day and should be placed so a parrot can move well away if they want to.
  12. dianaT

Getting another parrot

:welcome: Yes it would be okay, and of course need their own cages. They may or may not get on and when you let them out you must stay in the room to supervise, also that one does not fly onto the other cage and feet etc get bitten. Do tell us more about your grey and can we have a name and...
  13. dianaT

Several cockatiel behavior questions

Hi, all good advice given. Only thing I would like to add is have thought of making Sirus a stand he can fly to. Easily made yourself with large or small bucket (depending if you want it table top or floor standing). I have made floor standing ones in the past but for now we have a table top...
  14. dianaT

Mr Bedraggled the poorly Parakeet fell out of tree- advice needed

Oh dear, well you did your best which many people would not have done.
  15. dianaT

Aberfan disaster

@Yellowchickenparrot The Aberfan disaster was the catastrophic collapse of a colliery spoil tip in Wales on 21 October 1966. The tip had been created on a mountain slope above the village of Aberfan, near Merthyr Tydfil, and overlaid a natural spring. It engulfed the school.
  16. dianaT

Lyrebird

I don't know Michael, my daughter sent it to me so I just shared it. Maybe try refreshing the page?
  17. dianaT

Grinding Beaks On Cages

Have you tried tying cuttle fish on the cage he may chew that instead.
  18. dianaT

Aberfan disaster

It was the 21 October, 1966 when the village of Aberfan was left heartbroken. Whilst many parents/guardians waved goodbye to their children for school and whilst many partners waved goodbye to each other, unknown to them, it would be the last goodbye. At 09:13 that morning, Aberfan came to a...
  19. dianaT

Lyrebird

20. dianaT

Wednesday 21st October

Good morning a wet one down here. What a morning. Glossop flew on to Chicks cage to try and bite him, Arthur was sick on the carpet and so on..... while this was all happening Boxer was in the kitchen with hubby to 'help' him eat his cornflakes ( well Boxer prefers a nut). Update - Sennies...
Top Bottom