1. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Happy birthday Diana T

Happy Birthday, Hope you have a great day.:dev14:
  2. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Happy Birthday Oli Fry

Happy Birthday:ura:
  3. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Thursday 5th December

A beautiful mistily pink and frost rimed morning here in Kent, and the same in France I believe - husband says his feet poked out of the (short) bed last night and now hurt with cold. Having spent a week packing boxes ( over 30 so far), ready for a removal company in January my husband phoned to...
  4. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Monday 2nd December

its been lovely but chilly here, but have spent the day stripping paint on skirting boards - all paint in this house was originally put on in spades and several coats thick - it took me a coupel of hours to remember that it works best to strip off one coat at a time using a stainless steel...
  5. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Anyone know of Senegal or Jardine breeders

Aah, what a sweetie, I hope he settles well. This forum is hugely helpful if (when) you have queries about anything.
  6. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Sunday 1st December

Good to hear that most people have had a sunnyish day. We are planning to move our furniture in January so I am packing things up in preparation, worked in the garden this afternoon until the rain arrived - we have a HUGE metre high Buddha statue that is incredibly heavy and broke the (old)...
  7. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Saturday 30th November

By preventing people getting in to the counter they can prove that the numbers of customers don't use the staffed service and justify their staff cuts. I used to have to buy tape measures 30 at a time (a teaching thing with freebie tape for participants) and when I was told I had to use the...
  8. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Saturday 30th November

Bright and sunny, but chilly here in Kent, but hubby and Dora have heavy rain in France so I think the chickens may be allowed indoors today. Had a worrying time as couldn't make contact with my husband for almost 24 hrs... (I always think the worst has happened and was preparing to call in the...
  9. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Memories

That has made me feel as emotional as the original film! :broken-heart:
  10. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Welcome from me an Dora (a nutty Senegal)too. As a child I used to live a bit further up in Cruden Bay and then Peterhead.
  11. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Friday 29th November

hello all, yes another election and wonder what it will bring? It is all such a muddle and I dont trust any of the promises at all. Well done to think about using your vouchers to help the food bank, I believe that basic toiletries are needed too. I like the backwards advent calendar thing where...
  12. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Thursday 28th November

Gosh @Michael Reynolds you must be a star patient, and must also have a lot of inner strength! Really pleased to hear all is going well so far. Good news for you too @dianaT, keep on keeping well, but @JackAndRob do look after that cough! Well done @Yellowchickenparrot - have done similar at...
  13. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Toy cleaning ?

Daily - clean paper and wipe off any obvious marks on perches, cage etc with F10 spray. I use a stiff nail brush and F10 spray on ropes. Weekly - clean thoroughly with F10, including removing dust and feather dander from the bars on the cage. As required - strip down (ie remove perches and...
  14. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Parrot help

We have frozen palm nuts (bought on line here in the uk), but not sure if they are from a sustainable source. 1 or 2 a week for Dora and her beak is usually pretty good. Much palm oil is now being labelled as from sustainable sources and there is a specific label I think. Most health food shops...
  15. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Hello

Happy squeaks!
  16. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Tuesday 26th Noember

Still wet here in Kent, nothing much doin' here, although the resident teenage magpie has been hanging around, and to again wish Michael all the best for tomorrow. I know I will be thinking of him and I'm sure many others apart from his friends here on the forum will be too.
  17. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Monday 25th November

hello everyone , @Michael Reynolds I hope you find Bluey - I guess if they usually go around together and Snowy has reappeared then Bluey is still around somewhere near, but worries like this are not what you need just now! Well done @dianaT in rehoming your fridge freezer so quickly. We have...
  18. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Sunday 24th Nov

Dull and damp in East Kent, but fine in France and Dora apparently insists that she wants to go outside when my husband is out with the chickens even if it is a bit chilly - still, she isnt out there for too long and is getting her natural daylight. Beautiful fish @Yellowchickenparrot , you will...
  19. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Bobbie the shredder sennie is 6 today.

Happy birthday Bobbie. Did someone say food?
  20. Wendy Cooper-Wolfe

Happy Birthday Erithacus

happy birday !
Top Bottom