Search results

1. PinkV

How to recognize behaviours?

I actually already do that sometimes :lol: like when I'm listening to music I'll try and encourage him to dance with me, i cant tell if he generally prefers me or my partner, and we don't know the sex (just use he/him out of habit lol) but I'm tempted to confirm, just dont know what dna kit...
  2. PinkV

thank you so much! I'm not surprised that those are what the pacing and calling mean :lol: in the home I got him from apparently he had a big problem with directing those advances towards my colleagues cockatiels, is there anything I can do? Or will it pass? I've considered getting another...
  3. PinkV

I have a Rosella, but I'm finding it very difficult to realize what his different behaviours mean. One thing he does is pacing, up and down perches mostly, but he does this in and out of the cage, and i can't find a common factor of when/why he does this. Another thing is he started dipping his...
  4. PinkV

Losing interest too fast?

Yay! I think the Rosella i have is a pennant, because he's blue/black/grey, not sure how old he is but judging on his size i assume he's fully grown at least? No idea, but he's making good progress, slowly trying to get him used to my hands so we can attempt step up training 😁
  5. PinkV

Is plaster safe for them to chew on? We dont have much plaster in the room where he is so it hasnt been an issue, though he sometimes chews on the door top but i worry the paint on it is bad for him 😩
  6. PinkV

Just wanted to introduce myself!

Hi! I'm Kate, or Pink, I'm 22 and a youth worker, and i live with my partner and our Rosella O'Malley/Mal :) We've had Mal around a month and I'm very thankful for everyones advice on here, and everyone's been so welcoming <3 if anyone else has Rosellas I'd love to hear tips about them as i...
  7. PinkV

They're beautiful! Our Rosella is a pennant, he loves chewing but loses interest so fast, and doesnt spend more than a few minutes on cardboard boxes/toilet roll tubes/and twigs :/ i just worry that he's understimulated, out of the 6 hours a day he's out of the cage, he'll spend most of it just...
  8. PinkV

Hi! So i have a Rosella, and i worry that they're getting bored :confused: their cage currently has a larger chewing toy (yellow rope and different coloured blocks) and at first they were all over it for days, but now they hardly ever chew on it. He also has a ball shaped rope toy to chew on...
  9. PinkV

Need advice! Rosella taming?

Thank you so much! I would really appreciate any tips at all, i try to make more progress with him and he just doesn't seem to take to it :(
  10. PinkV

I think you're right! The pictures of them look the same as him, thank you!
  11. PinkV

Yep! His name is Mally, and i managed to get a rough measurement this morning, he's about 28 cm. I really hate toweling him but i also know he needs to have time out of the cage, if i could get him to step up I'd let him out every day. When he's out he flys a looot, he'll either sit on the...
  12. PinkV

Hi! First post here, really need some advice, preferably from someone with personal experience taming Rosellas? I recently took in a rescue, my colleague said her husband found the bird in an abandoned house, in a cage, no idea for how long though- A blue Rosella. She said she did her best to...
Top Bottom