Berts not well

Just had david the avian vet call me, my little heart sank when I seen the number again but.

he rang to say that Bert had eaten is pellets well, taken recovery formulae with liver meds and calcium supplements, he’s more active, no more blood in his poops and his breathing is a much better, his poops are looking quite good considering.

The plan is to take more bloods this afternoon if they show and slight improvement in his liver function and normal calcium levels then they will start heart meds tonight/tomorrow morning.

I was so nervous to open this thread again this morning but this is good news, come on bert you can do it!❤️

Hopefully he's still making improvements, surely if his condition worsened any they'd have called you! Try stay positive, know its hard! I hope he gets home to you soon x

Ah gosh hun sorry to be reading this, looks like you've gone to David? If so they all did brilliantly with Rubes hun if this helps? I guess no one at the charity said to get insurance?

Ah gosh hun sorry to be reading this, looks like you've gone to David? If so they all did brilliantly with Rubes hun if this helps? I guess no one at the charity said to get insurance?
Yes it’s part of the foster rules to have insurance, so (if they pay out) we should be ok, but I have a fund reserved for him anyway, (it’s called Christmas, just don’t tell the kids :D) so either way it’s fine.

they called me a few moments ago, both vets are in surgery with other animals but the vet nurse looking after him called, although she couldn’t tell me any real details apart from he’s had another blood test and such today.

she did say he’s certainly more active, dancing to the radio now, talking loads, shouting “hey Bert” if they don’t talk to him, he’s telling them off when they try to get him out for meds/feeding and weighing, he tells the dog off if it barks and says “OI stop that” apparently they find it funny as he says “oi stop that” when they try to do anything.

also he’s bitten the nurse a few times which is apparently a good thing.:thinking:

So although he’s still got a long way to go, at least I can hear the normal lad coming out in what they say.

I should get an update from the vet around 5/6pm with what’s going on and the plan going forward and results of today’s blood test, unlikely to see him home this weekend, but the vet will confirm that tonight.

Back
Top Bottom