Hello

Goodmorning forum

My beautiful little princess is growing her belly feathers and I’m so happy to see her leave this behind again :)
I really really want to bite these toes especially since I don’t scratch and she kinda begging for a scratch.
Look at her Isn’t she so cute, really? This jumb she makes each time I approach drives me completely crazy, frankly :)

Indeed it is Michael... and she is so clever, she gave up on trying getting on my shoulder. What She does now, is giving kisses to my fingers and then she places her head and she self scratching with my fingers there. I’m not moving... perhaps one day if she still wants me, I will give her lots Michael. It’s been years now since I don’t scratch but I think I can hold myself and wait a little more :)
I love watching her bonding with Marcus more and more and I also hope she won’t forget me in the years to come :)
In Either case I like even just watching these birdies :)

I wold be very tempted to have one part of the cage that will allow better contact, wider bars and like a door that can be closed to give the protection from rodents.

I will modify Michael. You are so right...I will change this whole aviary. Is in my mind too. Replace it with Bars and also change the whole roof....and also get some protection. Every time I want to insert new branches or change the set up inside there I can feel the problem. Is wise to modify and will happen :)

most animals will fill safer with a full moon around as this can allow them to notice preditors better. with very little light then the preditors have the advantage.

Still light outside in Kent i keep promising myself that i will have to get my telescope out of its moth balls and set it up in the garden its only a 7 inch diamiter reflector type one that is small for what i used to use and it dose not have a fitting for a camara i used to have an 18 inch and took some lovely photos of the night sky

Goodmorning forum. I’ve been adding plants 🌱 these days. My intention is to create a jungle. There is lots of sun throughout the year and lots lots of love for plants :).
I was thinking to cover the box on the outside with honeysuckle and Arabic jasmin but I’m not sure if they both are toxic for my birds though. I’ve placed them there, but haven’t released them just yet... I’m still Cautious....your piece of advise will be more than appreciated :)

Good morning Antonio! long time no speak :)
Jasmine is toxic if eaten by birdies, Honeysuckle leaf is toxic but flowers are fine
So depends on if your going to have it all growing where the birds can access it or not?!
Wasps find honeysuckle attractive as usually honeysuckle has greenfly/aphids on it and the wasps eat them as well as use the "glue" provided to assist in wasp nest making.
I have passionflowers and grape vines growing across the aviary

Safe list

Its also a fly repellent
https://theparrotclub.co.uk/communi...-safe-fly-and-bug-repellents.2065/#post-38130

We also have this list for additional plants safe and unsafe for those who are not sue of some of the other plants regularly asked about on our forum google drive.

Back
Top Bottom