Hello everyone! :)

BirdNerd

Registered
Hi everyone, I am Sophie from Hertfordshire, UK!

I have three parrots (so far!!) - Chip (pied cockatiel), Fish (normal grey cockatiel) and Pickles (cinnamon green cheeked conure)

I've also been working professionally with birds for 10 years

Tell me about your flock - are you new to birds or have they taken over you life from an early age? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome to you and your feathered friends, I am ferly new to birds with only about forty eight years but still learning, When you say you are a professional, in what line do you work in? I have never used instagrame just stay to this site. I have a wide range of flock members in my home with me.

I have just watched your video, first of all I will say you have my admiration for the way you handle your disability and to be honest its the disability that has made you the person you are. Having worked with many birds now and at a privet collection in the past but also involved with other things to promote the welfare and knowledge of parrots, yes I will agree I hate seeing people lonely so I have a lot of my flock out as companion birds for the elderly, a service I provide to local areas. I do wish you luck on your adventure's, you are still young and can make so much difference in your long life ahead. I have always had a fear of my eyes (that fear almost came true back in December) I was lucky as I only lost a bit of the bone under the eye socket plus my nose and part of my top jaw, but yes I can understand the extra love you will have for all the beautiful things in nature. oh I think in your life time you may be able to drive a car the way technology on driverless cars are going.

Hello and welcome from me and Dora, a Senegal who lives with us in a situation that some might call "at liberty" as she is rarely caged indoors or out unless safety requires it or she chooses it.

How have you managed to cope with the lock down? has it restricted you a lot, your birds are lovely I have four tiels and a few conures in my flock

Hello and welcome!

I am new to owning birds and bought my first parrotlet, Fifi around about 12 months ago, since then i have become owned by a second parrot my african grey Bo.
I'm 26 and remember seeing dad's friends have birds and loved watching parrot videos and doing research but knew i couldn't have one at home, i moved out 2 years ago and i started to really really crave a birdie of my own.
I got my little girl and about 5 months ago fell head over heels for a 5 month old little grey who is the light of my life 😂 my parrotlet loves my boyfriend and although friendly will go to him over me any day, my grey is my star and loves everybody but he has a special place for me and some days acts very shy and loves kissing me haha! Other days he loves my boyfriend 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

The people on this forum have been excellent with myself, especially as a new bird owner they educated me with no judgement and it's great to be part of such a welcoming friendly community!

How have you managed to cope with the lock down? has it restricted you a lot, your birds are lovely I have four tiels and a few conures in my flock

We have coped okay, the birds are enjoying us being at home 24/7, but they are waking me up at 6am every day which is challenging! And that's lovely :) do they all get along?

Hello and welcome!

I am new to owning birds and bought my first parrotlet, Fifi around about 12 months ago, since then i have become owned by a second parrot my african grey Bo.
I'm 26 and remember seeing dad's friends have birds and loved watching parrot videos and doing research but knew i couldn't have one at home, i moved out 2 years ago and i started to really really crave a birdie of my own.
I got my little girl and about 5 months ago fell head over heels for a 5 month old little grey who is the light of my life 😂 my parrotlet loves my boyfriend and although friendly will go to him over me any day, my grey is my star and loves everybody but he has a special place for me and some days acts very shy and loves kissing me haha! Other days he loves my boyfriend 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

The people on this forum have been excellent with myself, especially as a new bird owner they educated me with no judgement and it's great to be part of such a welcoming friendly community!

Hi Laura!

Your grey is very cute! Love the sound of his personality!

Your parrolet sounds like my GCC, one day she loves me, the next my boyfriend! I really trigger her hormones though which is a shame!

That's the community I am hoping to find! I think people are quite judgy on social media! I have years of experience with all kinds of birds but you never stop learning or finding out how to do something easier/better!

Back
Top Bottom