Cucumber

Yellowchickenparrot

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I was reading a online article last night and not believing anything I read online I just wanted to check on one bit that I wasn't sure was true. Does cucumber have high calcium levels?

It has one of the lowest levels of calcium at just a meagre 1% less than celery even flipping lettuce has more in it than cucumber!
Best source of calcium is raw spinach at 12% or indeed borage raw hits a massive 20% when cooked.
@Yellowchickenparrot going to email you a spread sheet I started a few years ago ….. it's huge in excel format with multiple tabs at the bottom that divides things into fruit veggies grains beans and miscellaneous items. Has a full break down of every nutritional item in each of them and if your trying to target a specific thing like a mineral or vitamin just scroll side ways to find what it is …. items coloured pale green are the ones with the highest of that particular vit/mineral/trace element any thing flagged in red means that that particular item is NOT present like … hmmm eg no vitamin a, E or K in cooked bamboo shoots the spread sheet also has the percentage of different fats within each item.

I thought it was rubbish, just goes to show some articles can contain false info. Owww yes please send me the info sheet dizzy

Back
Top Bottom