Beaphar Grey Parrot Pellets

pepsirat

Hi, I thought I would try Beaphar pellets on Bailey. However iv open the pack and there is stringy bits in it. Is this normal?
IMG_20190430_182849.jpg

I don’t honestly know, have you tried them? Do they smell iffy. I’m currently doing the try them technique in the hope that scruffy would like to try them, it’s working with veg. My only worry would be that out of all the different ones we are trying, he only likes one and the manufacturing Company decide to stop making them. It’s the kind of luck I’m having atm.

I have used them before can't make out what your referring to though and the piccies is a tad fuzzy

Those look like they have been stood in the sunshine / heat and have sweated in the packet.... that white stuff is the pellet disintegrating to powder format by the looks of it
Have you double checked the use by date underneath in case you have been sold out of date stock?

There usually is a little powder in the bottom of the bag I used to mix it up and make some cookies for my birds with it
@pepsirat

Doesn’t look right to me. Yes the Beaphar like TOPS pellets do crumble a bit if they get knocked about, but that pack you have doesn’t look as if it’s been stored correctly. I would return to the shop you purchased from or if mail order then contact customer services,.

They would have to be wet to grow mould and have spores on them. Baephar pellets come in a cardboard outer and a sealed metallic stay fresh bag thingy inside …..:thinking: most odd

Back
Top Bottom