Garden Netting

paul morton

Registered
Hi all, happy new year! So before Xmas I decided to net the whole back garden so Sophie could have free roam when we were out back, she loves it, while she does fly around she sees the net long before she gets near it and she has landed on it a couple of times without any problems, only issue I'm seeing is because it's a 15 meter span when it rains the cables/ net does sag a bit, I think in spring when I'm finishing the garden I'll put stronger wire up and the net on carribina clips so it can just be pulled over like a curtain when we do go out there [emoji106]
f08fca6ba694621a9d4627ed5a31b5bf.jpg
266aa09f4d4e5324f2dd0d0d83eed531.jpg
43e7fe0c77afba0aa9decf20460cfa18.jpg
e048d64e9a3a431f5b091c767e2abfa9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I've noticed the pigeons and crows fly upwards when they get near it as well so they can see it, small birds still come into the garden through the top of Sophie's aivery and out the front, they have all found there way back out straight away, when i redo it in the spring I'll be using thicker net anyway, also it will just be cables unless we are out there with it pulled over [emoji106]

Seriously cool!!! How do you attach the net to the sides of the garden or is it just draped over the outer wires? Was trying to work out how to do something similar in my garden a couple of years ago... but gave up!

It's draped over the last wire down to the ground then screwed along the fence [emoji106]

Reactions: Roz
looks great, I am hoping to set up a netted terrace for Dora next spring, the only concern is that it is also where Wisteria climbs and I have read that Wisteria is toxic. I doubt she would eat the wisteria, but does anyone have any experience to share?

Not sure - the plant is quite abundant at one end of the "terrace" and gives good shade, but is quite low. If I felt she wouldnt try to eat it I would be happier. We will probably have to have it rebuilt anyway soon as the timber frame is pretty wobbly, and then we could include a better way to screen it off.

That is seriously awesome! Like some others, we toyed with the idea some years ago, but our fences aren't that high and we would have been ducking lol. We were wanting to go for a netted area like Loro Parque in Tenerife but on a mahoosively smaller scale [emoji23]
Sophie looks like she really loves it!

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

A big clear polytunnel would be good haha
It's something I've always thought about but I think netting would make me anxious, although it looks great, on the photos you can barely see its there and your bird would really feel outdoors then

I must admit I love the idea of netting my garden so the birds can have more freedom but it would not be possible for me to many trees and not enough security in my situation, it dose not help having a road at the end and a wooden building that the birds may like to chew on Ha Ha.

Back
Top Bottom