Crazy Loud Parrotlet - Help I’m Losing All My Patience :(

Have found a picture of a toy I made for Kobe (my smallest who is not a big destroyer so I have to tempt him with easy to destroy toys).

rb5IMw6.jpg

It's got 4 pieces of purple balsa slices, some bitty bagels, a purple finger trap (they are easy to destroy too), some woven palm, beads, a piece of cactus wood, a slice of soft pinewood (which may be too hard for Eric to start with).

But also have a look at The Natural Bird Company for some great ideas...

https://www.naturalbirdco.co.uk/ourshop/cat_605636-Mini.html

Having owned 2 parrotlets, I can safely say that they aren't quiet birds. We got told that they hardly make a noise and are calm birds. We didn't get them for that reason, so it didn't matter anyway. But our girls chirped like your Eric relentlessly, they are basically full of energy and fun and mischief. You need to remember that they are true parrots, and they are as wonderfully stubborn and opinionated as any larger parrot. They play loudly, and ideally need to be out every day. As has been said, he will naturally go to the highest point, so pictures, clocks, light fittings are now his. Parrotlets are also destructive, again like ANY parrot. They will chew whatever they can get their beaks on. From our own experience, if a parrotlet was completely quiet, for a long period of time, I'd be worried there was something wrong.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom