Air Purifier For Conure?

veronika

Registered
Hi !! I'm new here. My boyfriend and I are planning on getting a conure soon (hopefully)! We've been researching like crazy, but still don't know whether its a suggestion or requirement that you have an air purifier around where your bird's cage is. We're hoping to save money, so if we don't need an air purifier, then we won't get one.
Thanks in advance :)

Hello and welcome! :welcome:

Well I don't know how dusty conures are... I bought a purifier for my bedroom because I have 2 budgies in there and it's where I sleep and my budgies are very dusty.
However I have two caiques in the living room but they spend a huge amount of time in my room too and I don't find them very dusty at all, only a bit... So I might not have bothered had it not been for the budgies.

You don't need one right away, could always save up and buy one month's down the line...
Perhaps some members who have conures can advise how dusty they are

Hi and :welcome: to the forum.
I don’t think Conures are particularly dusty. I have had My Blue Crowned Conure for 29 years, and have only had a purifier for 3 years for our Amazon. So I would say save your budget for now and concentrate on the other things you need.

Do have a look in the Caring for feathered friends section of our forum, you’ll find loads of info in the various sections there, about diet, housing, entertainment, health and particularly household hazards.

If there’s anything you’re unsure of just ask, we’re a friendly bunch here.

I've never noticed any feather dust on our conures, and most sources I have read say that they don't in fact produce any. In general, the New World parrots (those from the Americas) are far less dusty than the Old World parrots (those from everywhere else), though I believe Amazons produce some. Conures are in fact considered relatively hypoallergenic parrots due to their low/nonexistent dust production. An air purifier might help if you are planning to keep dusty birds nearby (eg cockatiels, budgies, greys, etc), or if there is some kind of air pollution problem that a purifier would help with - otherwise, as TomsMum says, you are best off saving your money.

What type of conure are you planning to get, by the way?

Hello and welcome, Save your money. conures are not dusty like other species. Ok they will lose small feathers but its not the dust that air purifiers are designed to keep at bay and a normal cleaning routine and spraying you bird or birds will keep your home free from dusts but you can get seed thrown around. I have a few species of conure along with other parrots

Sun Conures can be very noisy, so think about your location and whether the noise will trouble neighbours.
caiques are very entertaining birds.

Sun Conures can be very noisy, so think about your location and whether the noise will trouble neighbours.
caiques are very entertaining birds.
Yes we've been doing so much research on them, but we've also been keeping in contact with the breeder. The ones he has raised so far are well behaved and quiet etc so we'll have good chances of getting another quiet one. if not, we could probably condition the bird to make less noise. As long as he gets enough stimulation I'm sure it'll be perf :D

Hello and welcome, Save your money. conures are not dusty like other species. Ok they will lose small feathers but its not the dust that air purifiers are designed to keep at bay and a normal cleaning routine and spraying you bird or birds will keep your home free from dusts but you can get seed thrown around. I have a few species of conure along with other parrots
Perfect, thank you!

I'd say green cheek conures are the best ;) They are small birds that pack a punch with personality. I have 2, brother and sister. Raised in the same clutch, as I work a lot I got two to keep each other company and because they grew up together I didn't need to worry about tests, quarantine, and slow introductions :) They can be noisy but not cockatoo noisy ;) I'd thoroughly recommend these birds. I was going to get a burkes parakeet but the green cheek conure won me over!

well I have both living with me the caique makes more noise but not as loud as a sun can be although I do not get loud calls from mine. they are both wonderful if you want fun then the caique if you want cuddles and love then the sun.

I'd say green cheek conures are the best ;) They are small birds that pack a punch with personality. I have 2, brother and sister. Raised in the same clutch, as I work a lot I got two to keep each other company and because they grew up together I didn't need to worry about tests, quarantine, and slow introductions :) They can be noisy but not cockatoo noisy ;) I'd thoroughly recommend these birds. I was going to get a burkes parakeet but the green cheek conure won me over!
Yes we're still considering cinnamon conures we still have time to choose but I think we're still leaning towards sun.

well I have both living with me the caique makes more noise but not as loud as a sun can be although I do not get loud calls from mine. they are both wonderful if you want fun then the caique if you want cuddles and love then the sun.
So cute !! We'll get a caique as soon as we're 100% ready for another bird

Hi and :welcome: to the forum.
I don’t think Conures are particularly dusty. I have had My Blue Crowned Conure for 29 years, and have only had a purifier for 3 years for our Amazon. So I would say save your budget for now and concentrate on the other things you need.

Do have a look in the Caring for feathered friends section of our forum, you’ll find loads of info in the various sections there, about diet, housing, entertainment, health and particularly household hazards.

If there’s anything you’re unsure of just ask, we’re a friendly bunch here.

Let's say your house gets dusty quickly though. Would it benefit the bird to have air purifier near? So it's better for its lungs? There's no smoke or anything in the house but there are 2 small dogs

A purifier is good for every one in the house with or with out animals. our own skin flakes off and particles in the air will come into our home from the outside garden Ricky.jpg

Back
Top Bottom