Uneven Tail (still)

denzarki

So a while back I made a post about echo's tail feathers having malted and she only had 1 or 2 and was told they should usually be symmetrical and they do shed fully and grow back.

Well recently her tail has come back out but it's still uneven and there are a couple of scruffy feathers. Is this something to be worried about? Doesn't affect her flight
fa137b74489844d1d1150953277cfdc5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

They don#t moult all the feathers in one go and a full set may take a long time to come through, as long as she is not pulling out the new ones you shouldn't worry

I'd be inclined to give it a bit more time too. :) Tail feathers here are coming in a couple at a time.

Okay just worried cos they came back weird and in the gap theres some scruffy looking feathers down close to the tail.

She doesn't pluck though so no concerns there

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Chewy molted recently and some of his grew back looking very scruffy too. I did worry about it at first, it seemed wrong for new tail feathers to look tatty. Anyway, after a couple of showers they are now looking perfect. I think he was just being lazy about preening them. :)

Back
Top Bottom