How Can Stop My Parrot From Biting My Husbund

My baby bird was cage trained to poop, and usually did it in one spot which was an untrained natural behavior of hers. The ones I have now poop willy-nilly all over the place, including down the side of my face while sat on my head in Pea's case. :lol:

Baby bird was three months when I got her, and it was easy in her case. I simply watched her like a hawk and when she made the small signs she was about to do one, I'd say "poop" in a happy voice, then praise her loads with tickles and treats after she did. She learned to roll over on command the same way and picked both up within a week or so. Dexter should be similarly able as he's so young and still sucking up new experiences like a dry sponge :thumbsup:

Hello and welcome my first thoughts on your bird biting you husband has an easy solution ........ divorce him and then the bird can cannot bite your husband only your best friend but seriously your bird will go through a stage of trying his beak they love to push us to see what they get away with. its a learning stage I normally hold or touch the toe of a young bird that is what its parents would do when telling its chick to behave. for an older bird I hold the beak I also will give a single "No" or short yelp and if that dose not stop the bird ignoring your bird for a short while (never put the bird back in it's cage) will teach your bird that it dose not pay to bite.

Hello and welcome my first thoughts on your bird biting you husband has an easy solution ........ divorce him and then the bird can cannot bite your husband only your best friend but seriously your bird will go through a stage of trying his beak they love to push us to see what they get away with. its a learning stage I normally hold or touch the toe of a young bird that is what its parents would do when telling its chick to behave. for an older bird I hold the beak I also will give a single "No" or short yelp and if that dose not stop the bird ignoring your bird for a short while (never put the bird back in it's cage) will teach your bird that it dose not pay to bite.
Hi Thks for your advice , Lol , that has been said in joke about divorcing him lol , but on a serious note I think as you've said he's trying his luck , last night when I came home he was out An the little sod went for me , he didn't draw blood but gave me a nasty nip , so I told him off and ignored him , I'm yet to see if it has worked lol , trouble is it mke me nervous now , he s always been very loving towards me ,do you think he's just testing me .

Sounds like he is testing you...and scolding you for being out! Just take things calmly and chat to him as normal :)

A lot of young birds go through this stage. the fact that he has not what I would class as a bite that I know he is capable of doing it would seam as if he is just seeing what he can get away with. its now the stage that you cannot become afraid of him and stay in control. birds can sense fear. you are the parent and its your reactions and the way you deal with your birds actions that can make the difference in its behaviour later on. @Roz is the site training advisor and I am sure her advice will help

A lot of young birds go through this stage. the fact that he has not what I would class as a bite that I know he is capable of doing it would seam as if he is just seeing what he can get away with. its now the stage that you cannot become afraid of him and stay in control. birds can sense fear. you are the parent and its your reactions and the way you deal with your birds actions that can make the difference in its behaviour later on. @Roz is the site training advisor and I am sure her advice will help
Hi Micheal , thanks for some great advice , I'm so pleased I found this group , had some great feed bhe surely was testing us , I've been quite firm and calm and he's calmed right down , such a sweetie , I'm excited for him to grow into a great companion , Thks again to everyone with their advice x

Back
Top Bottom