More Holiday Photos

denzarki

So we visited Llandudno, arguably one of my favourite places in the UK (though I've not been to many places in the UK lol) today.

0ecd9f08f2fac5b77a190eefeaa9e788.jpg

We got so much done in one day and so I thought I'd end my day sharing it with you guys while Connor is all tuckered out beside me (I'm usually the one to go to sleep first in this relationship, on holiday apparently its the opposite)

So the first thing we did was go on a boat ride around the great orme.

8a81aac093ad414634494bf0735e0185.jpg
bddae241383e3a490c710fb9d3d33b50.jpg

A lady in her 50s - 60s on the boat asked us if we were on our honeymoon because we looked so loved up and happy together. We explained no, it's our first holiday after being together 18months and she said "if you can stand eachother for 18 months that's a good sign for the rest of your relationship, I think you look lovely"

This was a great thing for both of us especially from someone from our parents generation. As a gay couple, we feel very uncomfortable in public, we never hold hands and we're worried what people think. So for someone to speak so kindly to us and make us feel normal was great.

Before we got on the boat we saw a bird sanctuary group with their owls and (I think hawk) so visited them. You know we love our animals, especially birds.

This first chap was huge, about the size of a regular sized dog. And his head moved so robotic like.

04bbcbbed5b2ebf3fa28400c3460132a.jpg

This one was in a bad mood because, to cool her down in the sun they poured water on her, you could really tell she was throwing a tantrum lol

bad57addd44924eb050d935e9c89faaa.jpg

Here's the hawk?

fc133cdfbe5e709a580b1eb8a1fbb055.jpg

And another, smaller owl.

0048c808ebb8b563d0f98c74309758a3.jpg

Typing this reminded me of a really bizarre incident that happened on the pebble beach too, I wonder if anyone could explain.

We were sat right by the sea on the pebbles and noticed there were seagulls being quite excited a little way up the beach, just on the waters edge.

Then, all of a sudden they all came really close and they were going for something in the pebbles, then we realised they were small fish.

And in the next second, hundreds of these small silver and blue fish were at our feet with more being washed in with the waves. Their scales in the water were like a glitter lamp.

How did they all end up being washed up like that? And how did the seagulls know where to be? It was quite an extraordinary sight.

Needless to say we wouldnt let the seagulls near the fish at our feet and saved as many as we could but they slipped down between the pebbles and there were 100s of them.

Later on we climbed the great orme. And met some very loud Donkeys

e8118d14e74116fc54caed674fea79ea.jpg

And then we went to the bronze age copper mine which was my highlight of the whole weekend, I love this sort of thing. Especially knowing it was 3000 years old, trying to imagine the kids digging out the mines (they were too small in some places for adulrs) you could see all the small holes that you know a child miner had been in 3000 years ago, it completely blew my mind.

c1f1e3bc79d93258ea34fd8d321985db.jpg
f73a9a25daec461511b694a08f2ca21b.jpg
716f99dcba73224172253e16862de141.jpg
9f4122dc9e2a34be8af91595873c8848.jpg
10f7438f4b57cf0708d6f8c488ae7153.jpg

I was quite disappointed that the gift shop sold nothing to do with the mine and instead just sold precious stones and all sorts of "crystal healing" stuff.. Get me a piece of malachite from the mine itself on a keyring and I will give you a tenner. We bought a geode anyway (a volcanic rock which had a bubble in it that formed crystals) just so we could remember our visit but I still feel pretty cheated, I should have chipped a piece of rock off the wall lol

9b56485496b5a335a9e5fbc6f2ea2d70.jpg
fe29c67c48ecc397230330619cc05f1d.jpg

Anyway that's our visit to Llandudno, if you read it I hope you enjoyed.

Have a nice night

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

:thumbsup:
Does look like you had a busy day, great to see as much as possible!

Oooo lovely piccies :applaudit: tell Conner to smile in the piccies he's looking way too serious :biggrin:

They are lovely clear piccies and I know Llandudno pretty well. Have been on North Wales coast quite a lot years ago. I particularly liked the Owls and Hawk. For as long as I have been interested in photography I have wanted to go to a Bird of Prey display. I would travel a good distance to see one. Not just the display itself but where you can walk among the different birds as it looked like you can there. I love Owls, something about them. I have several Owl models in the garden and some crystal inside as well.

Lovely picures, it looks like you had a great weekend so thanks for sharing them with us :biggrin:

Lovely photos....and you brought back memories of a college field trip to the area (it rained of course!) Great geology around the Ormes head.
Lovely owls and Harris Hawk. Glad you two had a lovely time x

Sad news is, we just found out our hamster died on Friday. He was moving around when we left but apparently he wasn't moving when the pet people got in to feed our pets.

He was acting a bit odd this week, he was throwing his bedding out of his sleeper pod where as he usually would stack it really high up. So we think maybe he knew he was on his way out and as some animals do he was looking for a place to die.

He was very old for a hamster, getting close to 3years old, he was a rescue so we didn't know his exact age.

I like to think he waited for us to go on holiday so we didn't have to discover him. The petpals staff have put him in a bag then a box and placed him in our fridge. We're going to take him down to the woods and Bury him when we get home (we live in a tower block so don't have a garden).

Rip hammy

017516373085c6353823a1c720102f37.jpg

e3c318a3a301efa84c2597e3ec3c4bfd.jpg

We buried him down near the river when we got home, next to a tree and then carved his name into the tree.

Both were in tears, glad no one passed us, not everyone in this world understands emotion and connection to pets.

We'll miss him.

I agree not everyone understands the feeling when a pet or even a wild animal whatever it is passes on, many brush it aside lightly.
You laid Hammy to rest peacefully bless the little feller. x

Thank you for posting these photos @denzarki , it is nice to see some good English scenes and attractions, like Dizzy's as well. It must have been a great jollies for you both, especially with the compliment, I thought people had got over that by now.

It is years since I have been to Wales, used to go every year as a child but MIM only has eyes for Scottyland, me? I would be happy never to see this place again.

Sorry to hear about Hammy but little ones usually only have short livers and I am sure he was content with you and Conner.

On the next photos we would like you BOTH with a nice smile on your faces :biggrin:

Thank you for posting these photos @denzarki , it is nice to see some good English scenes and attractions, like Dizzy's as well. It must have been a great jollies for you both, especially with the compliment, I thought people had got over that by now.

It is years since I have been to Wales, used to go every year as a child but MIM only has eyes for Scottyland, me? I would be happy never to see this place again.

Sorry to hear about Hammy but little ones usually only have short livers and I am sure he was content with you and Conner.

On the next photos we would like you BOTH with a nice smile on your faces [emoji3]
1f1cd22aa0d8b6b084c0d6d597fe7ec4.jpg

I have a crooked smile, it's rare I'll smile in photos lol

The above picture I like (and yes I do know which one of you is which lol) both have really good smiles and your faces light up kind of puts twinkles in your eyes.
Photo's are there to remind us of the happy times the fun and stick a smile back on your face in future years remembering them.
Really sorry to hear about Hammy bless him xx

What an amazing day!!!! Yep absolutely mind blowing knowing people were experiencing, seeing the exact same thing in that mine 3000 years ago! LOVED the owls... especially the grumpy one. :D So sorry about poor Hammy. What a lovely memorial to him.

I'm so sorry poor Hammy has passed on, he was loved and had a good life with you both though, and you've put him to rest somewhere beautiful. I agree about the smiling picture it's lovely! That "crooked" smile isn't weird or in any way bad, it makes you look a little raffish and it's cute :)

Back
Top Bottom