Parrot Society National Show Sunday 9th October 2016

Kim

Travelodge have a 20% off sale at the moment 20SUMMER is the code so managed to book a room at nearby Rugeley for £24.60 inc wifi access. For PS members early entry wristbands are on sale vi the website for £8. Well worth getting as it means no queuing. You can get in early 7 or 7.30 can't remember which and have a look around for the best bits before the general entry at 9am.

Looking forward to it, will need to stock up on dried chickweed for the budgies!

Hey guys ive never been to this show,are there parrots for sale or is it just merchandise and feeds etc ?x

@pally ...yes lots of birds on show and for sale ....along with other goodies.....early entry is best as it does get very busy

Just looked at what i wrote ha ,i thought id written hand reared birds oops,nit be much of a bird show without birds me thinks x

Pet birds are not allowed to be sold. However, there will most likely be youngsters for sale which will be steady and make suitable pets. You will need to read the information, talk to the seller and make use of the aviaries within the hall to handle the bird and see for yourself.

Got there at 7.30 and out at 10. Managed to see everything and get what I needed before it got too crowded. Didn't get anything other than a metal dish for Edwin. Bought chickweed, a willow perch and Bird Care Co Feast for the Budgies, I've always said they are my favourites lol!
Only saw one Eclectus, no Jardines from what I could see. Couple of Leadbetters for sale, loads of Amazons of various types.
Said Hello to Nigel and Lockey at the AVI Fabs stand, business is booming which is good to see.

Sounds like it was a busy time there hope it all went well, folk put such a lot into it.

Reactions: Kim
Ah I wish I could go to one of these, but they're all so far away!

I agree with you there. We used to go when in London they held one at Sandown Park years ago, it was very good. Also got to their Stafford one several times, but from down here it is over 5hrs drive each way so we only went once, was a very long day to say the least!

Back
Top Bottom